I Fold For:

I fold for my wife, passed 1-23-2005 at the age of 45. Battled the beast for 5 yr's.
Our 2 son's, now 15 & 18, do not remember their real mom. It is very sad.:(

I am sorry to hear of all the loses in this thread. It's amazing to see the #'s just in here alone. Again I am deeply sorry to everyone :( We are folding and doing the most we can so we are helping, that's more than I can for a lot of people. I just want to give a warm nice thanks to everyone who do contribute to [H]ard Folding and any other folding team out there even the Roo's.

I fold because I can do it for people whom I have never met, that might benefit from the work my machines can perform. Maybe one day we might be credited for helping actually find a cure for all these projects. But as long as even 1 child, or some person gets the fighting chance to live a decent life by the work we are performing here, we are all winners!

Both Grandmothers,breast cancer.
Father-in-law, pancreatic cancer.
Mother-in-law, Parkinson's disease.
Close friend, head and neck cancer.
I could go on for a while.
I have 4 machines folding 24/7......I pray that someday this small project will turn up some glorious answers.

I DC for my grandfather who lost his battle to lung cancer in 2001.

I DC for my kids so hopefully they don't have to deal with the beast.

I DC for myself.

I DC for the [H]orde. Never DCd for anyone else and don't plan on it.

i've been meaning to fold for years, just always slipped my mind when i was at my computer. i prime'd for a while, but prime numbers aren't going to help anyone...

cancer and Alzheimer’s runs strong in my family, might as well do what i can, even if very little, to help find cures.

all the family members that i know that have died, have died from cancer or had severe Alzheimer’s, even if they lived into the 90's...

both my surviving grandparents have had a form of cancer, both have frequent scans and checkups for returning cancer...

my chief for the fire department recently passed away from head+neck cancer which he was diagnosed with only a year earlier...

i had a pre-cancerous lesion removed several years ago when i was only 16...
last summer at 21 years old, i had a lump removed again, luckily it was determined to be non-cancerous.

a childhood friend almost died younger than 10 from a brain tumor...

I'm in it for the science. I've lost a pile of friends adn family to the dragon and I'm hoping we find a cure soon. If my computers can make a difference, then I'm in.

i fold for the competition and to put my already running computers to work. I also fold for all those who have and will get cancer in the future.

I fold for my stepsister, who beat off the Beast.
I fold for my nanny, whose had breast cancer twice.
I fold for Jade, who lost the fight after 5 long and terribly years.
I fold for my girlfriend, whose had skin cancer.

I fold because I have the resources, the time, and the will to try and make things better.

I fold for Overclock.net

I fold because I never want my daughter to hear the most horrible words ever spoken to me.

"You have Multiple Sclerosis." (Diagnosed 9/06)

Back