I fell for it!! BEWARE

exrec

n00b
Well you guys who are more veterans on this forum warned against a deal that looked too good to be true. I am placing this warning to all noobs like me who are wanting to buy. I saw an ad for a laptop from Vitaminxbx (also known as sounds333). I sent the money via paypal and never received anything and now all of his information is disconnected. All the hard work I put into saving for a laptop and now i'm out 850 bucks. Be aware of the person's feedback, and if the deal sounds too good to be true. 90% of the time it is!!! :( :mad:

exrec said:
Well you guys who are more veterans on this forum warned against a deal that looked too good to be true. I am placing this warning to all noobs like me who are wanting to buy. I saw an ad for a laptop from Vitaminxbx (also known as sounds333). I sent the money via paypal and never received anything and now all of his information is disconnected. All the hard work I put into saving for a laptop and now i'm out 850 bucks. Be aware of the person's feedback, and if the deal sounds too good to be true. 90% of the time it is!!! :( :mad:

link to post?

fyi wrong forum

Paypal will refund you if you paid via Credit Card. If you paid through checking deduction, you are SOL.

Paypal found him at fault and they will not reimburse me because it wasn't an ebay sale. We agreed on here to buy/sell and made the arrangements via email. I went through the whole investigation and reported him to the FBI for Fraud. Just wanted others to know of my situation and to be very weary of people selling something too good to be true. My wife is so freaking pissed at me that we spent the money and now have nothing to show for it. It will take me about a year to save up enough again!

Even though his checking account was verified they made me pay via echeck.

File PayPal claim
Contact Trollhunters
Contact Local Police

And prevent it next time,

Check AND verify seller's reference, for expensive item, I would at least ask for phone number, home address and give him a call to work out the details. If no reference, I wouldn't get near it unless it was shipped first. ;)

And wrong forum, if you look at the top part, there's another section for these stuff.
http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99

Dude, go to court and file a motion to see him in court for the amount plus the court costs when he does not show up in court you will be awarded the amount. And at that point you can ask for a warrent for his arrest. I know, I've done it on a bad sale. In the end it cost my 30 bucks and it cost hime 3000. It was for a 1000 dollar laptop.

They arrested the guy at work. You have all of his information, don't wait do it this week. Sitting in Jail has a great effect on people. Fraud, change him with that and it will go miles.

$850 is enough money to get cops involved.

paypal not doing anything because its not ebay is kinda lame IMHO, only because ebay owns paypal

Please dont give up chasing this guy, he needs to be taken off the fs/t scene altogether. Make sure you spread his info. And do what ThePhenom and Celcius have mentioned. There is more you can do than you may think. These days of tracking down terrorists etc have opened alot of other avenues of law enforcment. Just dont give up without a real fight. People like this guy are the worst there is and need to be taken down.
They're the ones that make trusting and trading on these types of forums so hard.
jmho though.

Sensi

I wouldn't just drop it. It was EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS!

Post whatever information you have on the guy.

I've filed a complaint with the FBI since it's technically internet fraud. Luckily i've already been contacted from his local police department asking for more information. I want this bastard caught. When you work hard and save for something only to get screwed it hurts. I thank you all for your support and advice and will fully prosecute him. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Since you apparently know where he lives at least throw up a city, see if anyone here can help.

Celsius said:
Dude, go to court and file a motion to see him in court for the amount plus the court costs when he does not show up in court you will be awarded the amount. And at that point you can ask for a warrent for his arrest. I know, I've done it on a bad sale. In the end it cost my 30 bucks and it cost hime 3000. It was for a 1000 dollar laptop.

They arrested the guy at work. You have all of his information, don't wait do it this week. Sitting in Jail has a great effect on people. Fraud, change him with that and it will go miles.

Other then that, follow this guys advice. Since you filed a police report, can't you go to the bank now and file a fraud report?

I was speaking with the detective from the Charlotte Mecklenberg area police department today. He said unfortunately I will have a hard time prosecuting him criminally. BUT, I can take him to civil court and have him pay (once they find him). If he doesn't pay he ends up going to jail anyway. So that would be NICE!!!

Funny part of the whole thing is that if I received it today (the laptop) or my money back, I would drop the whole thing no matter what the original intentions were. I'm so broke this hurts!!!

exrec said:
I was speaking with the detective from the Charlotte Mecklenberg area police department today. He said unfortunately I will have a hard time prosecuting him criminally. BUT, I can take him to civil court and have him pay (once they find him). If he doesn't pay he ends up going to jail anyway. So that would be NICE!!!

Sorry to hear about what you are going through. That is tuff.

But if you do take him to court, go on Texas Justice and wear a [H] shirt!

Keep us up-to-date on what is going on.

That would be f'ing hilarious if you actually wore that [H] T-shirt to court. Wow, owned.

-J.

Nothing as of yet, that bastard is still running around with my moola. Got another laptop though!!!

I hate trolls.....Hopefully this punk with get his. Don't you stop untill it's over with.

You won't find him - 850 bucks is almost nothing and in order to get the FBI involved as a criminal investigation, damages need to get over 5K. The FBI doesn't have time for petty crimes - they're out trying at 150K and above, not for some cheap laptop.

However, if you contact his local police you they can probably come in and have a cup of tea with him - but good luck getting him arrested.

HekoAridese said:
You won't find him - 850 bucks is almost nothing and in order to get the FBI involved as a criminal investigation, damages need to get over 5K. The FBI doesn't have time for petty crimes - they're out trying at 150K and above, not for some cheap laptop.

However, if you contact his local police you they can probably come in and have a cup of tea with him - but good luck getting him arrested.
Nice support..
It doesn't hurt to try.
In the end you may have gotten no where, but atleast you did everything you could to get your cash back. Even if you were rich and 850 wasn't nothing, why let some SOB get away with stealing from you? This could happen to any of us.
Live by these 3 rules.
Dont mess with:
1.Computer
2.Wife/GF
3.Money ;)

sorry, but we can't allow threats. -BBB
You are still broke, but personal satisfaction goes a long ways.

Fish :cool:

that is if the cops do anything. i got scammed 2 years ago for about 1600 dollars. ALthough this was on ebay. I reported him to that fraud fbi thing. They contacted local police and they have not done anything. Even ebay refused to hand over his personal information

osirus35 said:
that is if the cops do anything. i got scammed 2 years ago for about 1600 dollars. ALthough this was on ebay. I reported him to that fraud fbi thing. They contacted local police and they have not done anything. Even ebay refused to hand over his personal information

Whatever the Hell happened to the good 'ol days where the only thing people had worth stealing were horses and cows....and you could shoot any shitbag trying to steal either one?

Makes me want to amor plate my truck and call myself the Pewnisher (so I don't get sued by Marvel or something). Seems to me the cops are more interested in writing traffic tickets and eating donuts than they are interested in stopping things like theft. You'd even think in the Bible belt where God himself says "THOU SHALT NOT STEAL" the cops would go after the bastards.

Damn I feel your pain man. That sucks, $850 is shitload of money to me, I could get the Dell 24" with that cash. Hopefully you will get your money back and get that bastard.
At least make him leearn a lesson.

Back