• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I feel like such a n00bie

Cleric_PGHL

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2004
Messages
144
Alright, I got a Belkin USB KVM for Christmas and I was trying to connect my Windows box and Linux box together and I cannot get the mouse to work. I tried Belkin tech support and they said it was because I was most likely using Generic Mouse drivers in Windows (I haven't emerged KDE yet on my Linux box, so command line only atm so I can't really check the mouse). I updated my mouse drivers, and then my mouse stops working. I tried another mouse, it worked for about a minute and then it stopped. I checked in the device manager and this is what I saw. Is this normal? Any idea what is going on!?

btw, the KVM I am using is a Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch with Audio Support and Built-In Cabling.

deviceManager.gif
 
I use USB keyboard & mouse and my device manager looks similar to yours.
Just dont use a Microsoft mouse.

If you plug it in directly do you get your mouse back ?
Sounds like your getting a bad connection somewhere which is stopping your mouse from working.

Luck........... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif
 
I tried plugging in another USB mouse and it works for a second and then stops. This is without the KVM, plugged directly into my computer. Arg... I hate stupid problems like that.
 
If anyone knows what would make a USB Device work for a second and then stop, please let me know. I have servers to configure and I can't start until I fix this problem.
 
!bump, anyone?

I e-mailed Microsoft tech support, but I doubt they'll help. Belkin said it was a Windows problem.

Why do I always get plagued with the weird problems? :(
 
Do you have a USB to PS2 converter so that you can see if you can run it off of a PS2 port?
 
It runs fine off a PS2 port. The mouse works, I've tried it on a few computers, and I've tried different mice on this one. Same thing.
 
You could try uninstalling all of the mouse related items in the device manager and then plugging the mouse back in and letting Windows find it again.

It may be that the USB ports are failing on the motherboard and if this is the case you could try installing one of those USB brackets and plugging the mice into that.

Also, have you tried other USB devices? Do they have the same problems?
 
Other USB devices work fine. I have tried every USB Port on the computer. This problem only seems to happen with USB mice.
 
Back
Top