• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I feel cheated by COD Ghosts.

What? MW1 is pretty much dead and has been for quite a while now. Do a refresh and look at the world wide players from a master server refresh in MP.

Not according to game-monitor.com which showed 19,000 active players last time I looked.
 
Oh ya, no worries about playing with FOV changer, we have no issues! *ban them all from the internetz*

I think the 2 things that keep bugging me about this release is the post release promise of dedicated servers in tweets that seem to have actually been deleted now and the fact that when I hear that console players are actually having a good time, that the game plays well on their XBONE or PS4 and it runs and looks like shit on my i7 and Titan.
 
I picked it up at release and have played it for about 40 mins total.

I have horrible texture flashing (scope in particular) and just poor overall performance with SLI. Last I check none of this was fixed yet if ever.

I also ran into odd online game behavior. The most memorable was one certain player would always cause my game to become jerky or studder when he was nearby. no one else would cause this problem. Needless to say he won every match I played for 30 mins. haven't touched it since.
 
I think it's dead because people on the internet made it that way. The herd mentality. The idea that if everyone else says it sucks then it must suck and if I don't also feel like it sucks then something is wrong with me.

Don't really see how disliking a particular game series automatically means everyone follows the herd mentality, but haters gonna hate I guess.

I never even got around to buying MW1 until last year when it finally was on a Steam sale for like $10. For a game that was 5 years old. Granted, I had previously played through the SP campaign using a borrowed copy, but even then the MP didn't appeal to me, I was still hooked on BF2. Now MP is fun in short bursts, but I have a hard time drop $60 annually on a game that focuses more and more on shallow MP. But that's just my herd mentality speaking. :D
 
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: <--- me reading your comment

lol :D

Actually I did read up before buying and was able to find data that indicated most times there are ten+ thousand people playing MP online. I assumed that would be enough.

But that appears to be incorrect. It's far far fewer.

I'm an old man by HardForum standards, in my early 30's now! :eek:

...the one thing I've learned from being a member of this forum and others like it for the past 15 years is that often when the "masses" tell you something is "bad", they're incorrect. The internet is the very epitome of "herd mentality".

So I do what I want and roll the dice, more often than not it pays off for me. This time, it didn't.

I will repeat though, outside of the fact that nobody plays, I personally experience none of the problems the internet tells me I should, so, again, the herd mentality was not 100% accurate.

In that case, if you were concerned about the population playing the game, then you should have posted a poll or thread asking about it in the pc gaming forum. See how many views & replies it gets over 2 weeks, and/or look at the main thread for that particular game.

This post indicates a dismal small population, and was posted last month.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040544901&postcount=329

Yeah, its terrible. Only 2.3k people online last night with only Team Deathmatch available, every game had hackers. IW is really getting under my skin with their lack of support...
 
Free weekend on Steam. Tried to play most modes and couldn't find a single game since not enough people play. Yay for matchmaking.
 
Back
Top