I don't think the iPhone camera is that bad...

Boltaction

Gawd
These were taken on February 21st, 2008 on my iPhone 2G through a 12'' Dobsonian telescope at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.

Should I email these to apple?

78131442wu1.jpg

31246008od8.jpg

60428327jk9.jpg

99378969uo0.jpg

64870869hh0.jpg

64416666ac6.jpg

12755506ev1.jpg

10hm0.jpg

11rx0.jpg

Only if you can find some way to make "iMoon" sound cool... ;)

Nice shots, and a nice scope as well.

Very impressive Boltaction .

I would definitely send them to Apple.

A lot of people tend to dislike the camera on the iPhone. No it doesn't have a flash. And yes there are better camera phones on the market, but I think it's a well functioning camera. Wish there was a camera upgrade on the 3G, but I can live with it.

I like the iPhone camera, I do not need one that is super detailed like it seems others want. The times I have used it have helped me and whoever I am taking pictures for. That is why I like it, it does its job and that is it, now if only Apple would support video recorder so I do not have to use a third party application.

I don't give a rat's ass about flash - those camera phone flashes are useless 99% of the time people would use them (such as those that use their camera phone flash at a concert - really, you think that one LED is going to work over 300 feet?) but the iphone does take very inconsistent photos in low light. Many turn out badly, especially when any sort of movement or changing light is involved. This is a very controlled circumstance in which you not only have the time to capture this non moving object (well, relatively speaking :)) but you have a means to stabilize, review, and retake (if necessary). Arguably, this goes against what a camera phone is supposed to be about - although you were at more of a 'spur of the moment' type thing being at the rose garden and all...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I personally have experienced many problems with the camera (most noticeably at night - and the delay, ugh!) and the times that it does take good photos might be easily outclasses by a small point and shoot. For a cell phone camera, it's not that bad - for a camera for camera's sake, it kinda is.

All objections aside, I'd just like to say that those are really great pictures! ;)

those pics are from an iphone?! lol they are very detailed pictures if u ask me. looks like u were 10 ft away. i like the camera of my iphone

I like the camera on my iPhone as well...I'd like it more if I could capture video without jailbreaking though :(

I like the camera on my iPhone as well...I'd like it more if I could capture video without jailbreaking though :(

i belive you can. you have to buy it though thru the appstore :S just jailbreak it, its way better. use quickpwn, its the best. and easiest

Back