I don't really neeed a faster CPU do I?

LawGiver

2[H]4U
so my system is in my sig. i just bought a 1080p lcd which i plan on using as my main pc monitor. the most common resolution ill be using is 1920x1080 with 4xaa and 16x af. should i get a Q6600 or just stay with my core 2 duo @ 3Ghz. I can probaly get it to 3.2Ghz if i wanted.

At that speed your CPU shouldn't bottleneck anything. It's more of a GFX card issue from then on. (looks at sig) you should be fine lol.

If you really want to go crazy with aa and af and your fps sink too low, I'd recommend going sli. There are some special sli modes that let you decrease overall performance in sli but allow for free aa (and af I think, on vacation away from my main box).

I don't think you need to do anything. The GTX 280 shouldn't have an issue at that resolution and neither should the CPU.

GPU will bottleneck everything before CPU at that res. No Crysis remarks plz *snore*.

yeah thats what i was thinking too...good thing because id have to request a hand out from uncle sam if i spent anymore money. (hey if AIG gets a handout why cant I?):D

yeah thats what i was thinking too...good thing because id have to request a hand out from uncle sam if i spent anymore money. (hey if AIG gets a handout why cant I?):D

You're OK, you've got just enough cpu to avoid that being your weakest link at 1920x1080

If anything, I would recommend a E0 8500 or 8600. For gaming Duals are better then Quads.

He is right tho, there is nothing wrong with having a Quad for gaming, its just that right now they arent getting used to there full potential, once the opportunity arises for multiple cores to be used in games the Quads will shine over the Duals, but for now the Duals are pretty much all you need.

He is right tho, there is nothing wrong with having a Quad for gaming, its just that right now they arent getting used to there full potential, once the opportunity arises for multiple cores to be used in games the Quads will shine over the Duals, but for now the Duals are pretty much all you need.
Ding we have a winner. Plus Duals are cheaper and O/C much better.

How about dont do anything and see how it goes once you get your monitor? I would guess youre fine with what you have.

How about dont do anything and see how it goes once you get your monitor? I would guess youre fine with what you have.

Yay, 1 for common sense!! IMHO, your 3gig c2d with a 1700mhz fsb would be faster 4 games than the q/core you mention, a moot point really given GPU is the main bottleneck these days..methinks you will be fine..GL;);)

Back