I Don't know what else to do

TheMagicalJew

Limp Gawd
Here is my situation

I just received my RMA back from Newegg, and they sent me a new cpu/mobo. I put everything back in my computer and plug everything in, i press the button and nothing happens. I checked my power switch into the mobo and its in securely etc. The PSU is 3-4 months old and i have never had a problem with it. what do you guys suggest that i do?

My setup
P4P800 Deluxe Asus mobo
2.4C p4
Radeon 9600XT
gig of Kingston 3500 ram
SB audigy card

Thank you all for your time

1) test the PSU, then you can eliminate it. to do that, pull out the atx connector from the mb and short out the green wire to any black wire, (search around here for more info on that). if it turns on then it should be ok.

2) post what happens after no 1.

If *nothing* happens when you hit the power button then something is wrong with the PSU (or the button).

Test the PSU by taking the ATX connector and holding it clip-side to the right. Take a conductor and bridge the fourth wire down on the right (green) and the third wire up on the left (grey). That would start a working PSU.

EDIT: Beat me to it. :)

A paper clip will work for testing the power supply.

(You probablby checked this already, but you never know)

Make sure that the power button is connected to the correct pins on the mainboard.

No the CPU/mobo was bad in the first placec. thank you all for all your help , i really appreciate it

Back