I don't know how to make a proper thread title and like to shout

Vladias

Weaksauce
LET me start BY Saying HELLO :D
OK here's my PROBLEM!!!! I am looking in to buying this case for my OLD Asus A7N8X system Mind U its a 2005 MObo thats what the User guide says it is LOL SHE runs PRETTY DARN GOOD STILL and FAST it has 1.5 gig of ram in it and windows xp pro amd 3000+ cpu & a 750 PSU still shes uses the floppy and dvd burner :) .
ANY who she has a asus add on sound card i can not rememebr the name off hand and a 4 port usb add on card pci card & a BFG 7600 GS video card
What im looking into doing is cents that MOBO does NOT sapport USB 3.0 and only 1.0 to 2.0 i was wondering is there a add on card i can BUY PCI slot usb 3.0 cuzz the NEW pc case im looking at has 2 usb 3.0 front panel hook up & i d hate to change it to 2.0 but if i have to what can i use to do make it soo heres the case im looking at buying Click link below !!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119265

I can get a pci sata add on card for the hdd drives that's No problem
BUT im more worryed ABOUT the usb 3.0 front panel hook ups I'd like to hook the front Panel usb's up in side the case to the pci card if possable Or a cable i can get to change them to usb 2.0 and later i could change it back if need Be ??

& your probly asking WHY Cuzz im working on have the old case i have thats it using for another BUILD :D okies well IM gone i HOPE to HEAR from U GUYs SOON and
THANK'S

Usb3.0 PCI ADDON card

Then GET this CONVERTERto CONVERT your FRONT panel CONNECTOR to USB cables you can PLUG into the BACK of this NEW card.

If you find THAT your CABLE IS not LONG enough. Order THIS extender.

That IS for new USB 3.0 ports on the OLD pci bus. Still FASTER than 2.0 but ONLY about 60% the top SPEED you can get with 3.0.

This CAN convert the HEADER to usb2.0 for your MOTHERBOARD if you DONT WANT to go that ROUTE.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
THANKS Boushidosan & sorry Jay for all the upper and loower case words just trying to get my point across :D BUT any who Boush i think ill go with the last link the header converter your a life saver and OOOOO by the way i ahve 1 more qwestion that case has a HOT swappable bay would u think i would need it i alrdy have 2 500gig western digital drives in my old case that i will b using would or do u guys think it would draw too much power from my corsair 750 psu i dont plan on running much other then some videos like u can see on you tube and listioning to internet radio its ganna Be kind like my HTPC or media center nothing heavy much + i was woundering should i go with ssd sata or a statdered hdd for the hot swap bay & if soo witch ones should i use Please Link witch ones remmber im kinda on a bugdet LOL soo nothing too costly for this system cuzz shes OLD & i treet her with respect LOL :D

+ i have NOT really checked on how it will power the sata drives i take it it looks like it will throught the molex cable on the swap board witch is a good thing :) okies cant wait to here from u guys again :p

THIS GUY

is selling some 32gb ssd's for real cheap. grab one and install windows 7 on it!

You should also have enough room for plenty of hard drives, so why not grab 2 of them for 50 bucks and also have us help you set up a raid install. The SSD would breath life into that old system.

Judging by your setup you should have no problems with the PSU usage, etc.

NEED HELP with a PROBLEM

First of all, don't SHOUT in thread titles. Secondly, try to make them a bit more descriptive.

THIS GUY

is selling some 32gb ssd's for real cheap. grab one and install windows 7 on it!

You should also have enough room for plenty of hard drives, so why not grab 2 of them for 50 bucks and also have us help you set up a raid install. The SSD would breath life into that old system.

Judging by your setup you should have no problems with the PSU usage, etc.

never thought i'd see the day my thread gets linked in this forum lol
but he's right, ssd's really do help speed things up :)

thanks again boush ,
i thought that i could not use windows 7 cuzz the system being sooo old !! but any who i only have windows 7 ultimate 64bit and im using it right now LOL will windows xp pro still work?? all i'm gonna do is swap out the old parts from one case to another + might add those parts metioned above in my semi new old build :) + id hate to Go back to linux it was kinda of a pain at times :/ aarrgghhhhhhh NO linux please but if i must i can swing that way but then im worryed about mostly drivers for the add on cards and stuff for it soo it might b best to stick with windows :) For now (??? i don't know???)

Back