I done did a stupid user trick.....

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
It can happen to any of us, and it's funny until YOU do it LOL

I done dumped a cup of coffee into my beloved Razer BlackWidow Chrome V2 keyboard. One of, if not the, best keyboards ever made. It is, understandably, dead. Even after having sufficient time to dry out.

No sugar involved, so I was hoping it would be ok once dried. Nope.

I've gone ahead and ordered a new BlackWidow Chroma Elite and it will be here tomorrow.

But I'd like to try and recover this one.

I've read of the old "dishwasher" trick but have never had the balls to try it.

Has anyone ever taken one of these apart?

BTW... I frickin' LOVE their green keyswitches. They are great for gaming AND touch typing, something I could never do with Cherry Reds. They actuate too damn fast and don't have a bump.l

Last edited:
I spilt just a touch of water on a keytronics board some time back. The thing didn't make it. I got if for free but really liked it.

Now sounds like a good time to try the dishwasher trick. Gonna be trash if you don't try something.

This just happened to my Blackwidow V2 a week or so ago with a cup of black tea. I immediately disassembled it as much as i could (didn't do the metal plate + pcb assembly), dried it as much as i could then left it a few days and it was fine. Maybe you got unlucky but pulling it apart you might be able to clean it with some alcohol/get any residual left.

Back