I did it this time...

lelliott731

[H]ard DCOTM April 2017
Well I'm going to be out for the count for a little while. Once again the A/C couldn't handle all my boxes at home & it died. So I had to shut off about 80% of my farm.

Talking to some electricians & HVAC guys from church & they will have time in about 2 weeks to come over & see what's up.

I honestly don't know what options I have left where I live now. Not many amps left to add window A/C units in the same room as some computer systems.

Just pray my job continues to take off so me & my wife can move. She is going to let me have the whole basement to myself. Going to install a second fuse box & hopefully it's own A/C unit.

Ouch, that must suck. Heat is a problem for me too, but then again my farm is all of 3 boxen...

I'm just glad we have a basement. It takes a huge load off the AC.

I hope all goes well.

Yeah, I can't wait till I get a basement, and between that, and putting in it's own circuit breaker, I'll be AOK to put some serious firepower under my name.

I think I came up with a good solution for the time being, seeing if a few of my friends would be willing to take one box per friend, and me pay them for whatever spike in electricity. That way I can keep adding boxes as my paycheck allows, without my place getting insanely hot.

Then once it becomes winter, I can bring them all home for the 6 months or so of cool temperatures here, and then move them possibly to a data center or something like that. I wonder if I could just rent out a rack from one of the local co-location facilities, and put as many of my boxes in it as I can, and just purchase a really small data package, because they won't do much data throughput except for uploads/downloads of WU's and any software/OS updates.

Ouch, that's painful... Hope you will find a better solution by then. I think that having a 100k PPD farm with a condo need you to be on the borderline of dementia and a beefy electrical panel. Here, with 60k PPD, things start to get hot and borderline (I got 2-3 outages due to too much current in a circuit).

Ouch, that's painful... Hope you will find a better solution by then. I think that having a 100k PPD farm with a condo need you to be on the borderline of dementia and a beefy electrical panel. Here, with 60k PPD, things start to get hot and borderline (I got 2-3 outages due to too much current in a circuit).

Borderline? Naww, he's just fuggen nuts..like the rest of us;)

Amen to that BillR:) I'm definitely nuts for Folding@Home!!!

Xilikon, I'm not suffering from dementia, just trying to be as [H]ard as the rest of you:) I think I'm going to try and buy two window A/C units till it get's cool around here.

Back