I changed my mind and made a decision: IPS monitor all the way!

insoc123

Limp Gawd
The last few days I was almost decided to buy a TN glossy monitor for my need: normal pc use, internet, gaming (both on PC and PS3) and movie watching. I have a TN glossy monitor (HP w2007) in my home and a IPS monitor (2007WFP) in my office. In my ignorance I thought the glossy monitor were the best because of the glossy effect: more crystal clear sensation but in my mind I always questioned why some videos and pictures I saw in my office were more vibrant and colorful than my "superior" (in my ignorance) glossy monitor at home. Well, I made some real testing: watching the Fifth Element, colors in the IPS monitor were more vibrant, more accurante and some how exaggerated. Colors in the glossy monitor looked pale, washed out but know I guess the glossy effect somehow diminish them or create the false feeling that the image was actually better.
The same goes with games: games like Crysis with the glossy monitor, specially the water effects seems so real is like actually there were water flowing on my monitor, everything looked like being there BUT when I test the same games on my IPS monitor, tough the crystal effect has gone all of a sudden colors seems alive and only then did I noticed all the colors I were missing.
The glossy monitor gave me the false idea that the image was a good as it gets on monitors but then I realized it was the IPS monitor. Another thing I noticed with the glossy monitor was that after some time reading text my eyes were hurting and that didn't happened with the IPS monitor at my office that I use 12 straight hours.

So today I finally opened my eyes and realize that I am willing to sacrifice the "crystal" image and cool water effects sensation that the glossy TN monitor provided me for having REAL COLORS and the way the creator intended the image to be. Videogames seem more like videogames tough, very colorful and bright and that is such a nice experiencing but not with the same impact in some cases that the glossy monitor gave.

Anyway...

Back