I can't run Assassin's Creed anymore!

Fully [H]
Assassin's Creed was $10 on Steam and I decided to buy it. It was running great, but now I can't start the game. I click assassin's creed on Steam and nothing comes up. A ~3.6mb process for DX10 Assassin's Creed shows up but then goes away after a minute. Anybody have any ideas?

System Specs:
E6600 @2.4GHz
4GB DDR2 800 RAM
PNY 9600GSO 768MB
200GB 7200RPM HDD
Win7 7100

Well I tried it on my XP Partition just now and its still a negative. :(

Try repair or delete the game and redownload and install. Make sure you back up your saved games and rollback drivers.

random i know... but try blocking the games network access with your firewall or disconnecting your network connection entirely.

Try repair or delete the game and redownload and install. Make sure you back up your saved games and rollback drivers.

Yes, I would delete the local game content from your Steam games list and redownload it. Worked for me when I had issues with TF2. You could also try verifying the Assassin's Creed's file integrity in Steam, it's under right clicking on the game and properties (I think)

random i know... but try blocking the games network access with your firewall or disconnecting your network connection entirely.
Not that random... Don't know about the Steam version, but the retail version phones home during loading, and for many people, crashes/freezes the game in the process. I need to do this to get past the menu loading screen.

Not that random... Don't know about the Steam version, but the retail version phones home during loading, and for many people, crashes/freezes the game in the process. I need to do this to get past the menu loading screen.

Yeah its the DRM, apparantly the auth servers are down? I've read that somewhere, not sure if its permenant or what. Either way google a fix for it, people have been re-directing the IP's with the hosts file which apparantly works.

Well Assassins Creed is working again. File integrity and everything was fine. It just started to work again. :eek:

Back