I cant get DSR Factors in SLI with my 980s

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Guys ive tried multiple drivers, refresh rates and moniters and I cant seem to get the DSR Option when im in SLI mode. If I turn it off and run 1 card it will show up in the global options, getting frustrated at this point. 2 G1 980ss in SLI, Latest drivers, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, 2600K, Asus Maximus mobo, 16 gigs of ram, ROG Swift moniter and everything Updated and running great with that 1 exception.... NO DSR FACTORS. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
From what I have read this is common. Some people with sli have the option show up, others don't. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but at this point there is nothing you can do other than disable sli to get the option to show up

Do you have a Gsync monitor? If so, DSR won't work with SLI. It's a known issue Nvidia is working on.

Yes I do have a Gsync Rog Swift but even when I turn it off and try ULMB it won't work either. Someone told me 144hz won't work with sli, i tried 60,100,120,144 all a no go. I'll try hooking up my LG 29 in Ultrawide and see if it works with sli on that screen.

You're not alone, DSR is currently pretty badly bugged.

I've been having an issue where DSR wont appear if I enable Surround (this is single-card, GTX 780). Even after a full format / reinstall, the issue persists.

Other people on the forum are claiming to have DSR working with Surround, but so far the drivers refuse to allow me this option.

Guys ive tried multiple drivers, refresh rates and moniters and I cant seem to get the DSR Option when im in SLI mode. If I turn it off and run 1 card it will show up in the global options, getting frustrated at this point. 2 G1 980ss in SLI, Latest drivers, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, 2600K, Asus Maximus mobo, 16 gigs of ram, ROG Swift moniter and everything Updated and running great with that 1 exception.... NO DSR FACTORS. Any thoughts?

Use GeDoSaTo at least til there's a fix. That's all I can recommend to you.

Try what I do on my monitor that also doesn't support DSR, as it has no native resolution. Make sure you use ULMB with this; G-Sync may not work and ULMB is better anyway.

1. Go to nVidia control panel.
2. Select and apply your stock resolution (for you it wold be 2560x1440@120Hz with ULMB on).
3. Click create custom resolution.
4. In the pop up window, make sure the "Enable resolutions not exposed by this display" is checked.
5. Click the "Create custom resolution..." button.
6. Set timings to manual before modifying anything else.
7. Set "horizontal pixels" to whatever you want to downsample to the native resolution )=(for downsampling 5K, set to 5120).
8. Set "vertical lines" to whatever you downsample to the native resolution (for downsampling 5K, set to 2880).
9. Click test.
10. The desktop will look blurry and shrunken. This is normal.
11. Click save in the popup window.
12. Set the desktop resolution back to native in nVidia Control Panel.
13. Select the downsampled resolution in games and let me know if it worked for you!

Hmm you would think nvidia would have their act together. I mean they are supposed to have the best drivers right?

Use GeDoSaTo at least til there's a fix. That's all I can recommend to you.
GeDoSaTo certainly looks nice when applied, but it seems significantly slower than native DSR (especially at higher resolutions).

On the up side, I was finally able to try out downsampling in Surround! Looks fantastic, but 11520 x 2400 is a bit too much for a single GTX 780 to handle in most games, especially with the extra performance penalty that GeDoSaTo imposes :p

8640 x 1800 seems to perform well enough, and already looks a LOT better that native resolution in games that need downsampling, so I'm probably going to stick with that resolution for now.

GeDoSaTo certainly looks nice when applied, but it seems significantly slower than native DSR (especially at higher resolutions).

On the up side, I was finally able to try out downsampling in Surround! Looks fantastic, but 11520 x 2400 is a bit too much for a single GTX 780 to handle in most games, especially with the extra performance penalty that GeDoSaTo imposes :p

8640 x 1800 seems to perform well enough, and already looks a LOT better that native resolution in games that need downsampling, so I'm probably going to stick with that resolution for now.

I felt as though I had the opposite experience, albeit it was only at 8K. DSR didn't look as nice and didn't perform as well, but I don't have the hardware anymore as I've gone over to AMD with a single r9 290.

Does it really matter in the end? Not really. Those games that really needed it, like Mass Effect series and Spec Ops and the Lego video games and even Crysis 3 -- they all looked a lot sharper and clearer overall with either one as long as the resolution was set really high, lol.

I'll say it again. It works for me. Not bugged at all. I've played several games with it enabled in game. I did notice the option disappeared with a 4k monitor (what's the point of DSR @ 4K or surround), but with a 1080p and 1440p monitor, I have the option.

You have to remember, this tech is for 1080p monitors. That's how it was presented.

DSR does not work for me either, similar hardware, SLI 780 and a ROG Swift. Disappointing how all this new NVidia tech won't work with each other. I hope they get their act together soon.

I have the same problem. It seems like it is a SLI + Swift (or G-Sync) problem. If I disable SLI, DSR shows up. Totally pointless since my native res is 1440p and these factors are way too demanding for one GPU. I really hope the next drivers fix this because it has been known a problem for 2-3 months now.

I have the same problem. It seems like it is a SLI + Swift (or G-Sync) problem. If I disable SLI, DSR shows up. Totally pointless since my native res is 1440p and these factors are way too demanding for one GPU. I really hope the next drivers fix this because it has been known a problem for 2-3 months now.
I agree with this. I get DSR with SLI using my VG278HE, but not with my PG278Q.

Back