I Can't Decide On Which Video Card? GTX 660 Ti SuperClocked or GTX 670 (Stock)

kage

n00b
I will be building an i5-3570k desktop, and I'm having a hard time to decide which video card to put int the system. I really do not like AMD GPUs, I had issues with them in the past. I'm looking at either the MSI Geforce GTX 670 2GB and the EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked 3 GB.

MSI GTX 670 with Closed Eyes. no more words.. 3GB on a 660TI its just a waste of money, cuz you will never use even 2GB until the power of the card goes out.... you can just go with the 670 and if wanna more power just oc it slightly and done.. :)

yes go gtx670 for sure for all the reasons he just said.

you seem to be building a pc at a bad time though as new cards and cpus are launching over the next 2-3 weeks. I would hold off if you can for now.

also whether you go Ivy Bridge or wait for Haswell, I would go with a 4 core with HT cpu not just 4 cores. even at 4.4 my 2500k is nearly tapped out at times in Crysis 3 and would be in BF 3 multi too. I have seen cpu usage at nearly 100% which seems crazy so I say from this point forward those that are building higher end gaming comps and don't want to upgrade their cpu for 2-3 years should spend 100 bucks more and get 4 cores with HT instead of just 4 cores.

right when I went outside here cpu usage went up and stayed pretty high in this area. in fact I did hit 100% for a split second when running around here. ignore the crazy high system ram usage though as I had a lot of tabs open but nothing else was hitting the cpu .

Last edited:
Just hold off for a while.

Even if you don't get a new card, the old cards will flood the used market and their prices will drop significantly due to increased supply.

Back