I can't boot

sigmend

[H]ard|Gawd
Problem description: The system is unable to find the boot device
Attempted fixes: Resetting NVRAM, Resetting PMU, Option Booting, "x" booting
Recent changes: Harddrives died, replaced both.
System specs: Dual 2Ghz G5 PowerMac Revision 2, 6GB RAM, many graphics cards installed
Operating system: Mac OSX Server 10.5 10 User License (Universial Binary). It is installed to a RAID1 Software disk set.

My internal disk crashed the other week. I bought two replacement drives and placed them into OSX's Software RAID1 using 'diskutil createRAID'.
I installed OSX Server via target boot on my MacBookPro which completed without incident.
I know the array is bootable (And Universial) as I can boot from it on my old and crusty PowerBook (PowerPC), my even older iBook (PowerPC), and my current Macbook Pro (Intel).
I've tried selecting it from the "Option boot" menu, no drives appear. I've tried holding the "X" key and it also did nothing.
Mucking around in OpenFirmware yields similar results:
Code:
0 > devalias hd /ht@0,f2000000/pci@7/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@0/disk@0  ok
0 > load 
Warning: sector size mismatch! can't OPEN: hd:,\\:tbxi
Its like the firmware on the G5 isn't even looking at it's harddisks for a boot device.
I'm at a bit of a loss, any ideas would be appreciated.

boot to OS X install CD and try a disk repair. Sound like that wouldn't help, since you can boot on other systems, but it's worth a try, considering the error message you got, it could work.

Back