• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I can hear myself talking.

NickN

Gawd
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
757
I just got a Plantronics Audio 90 headset. I like it a lot, except for one thing that's really annoying. Whenever I have the mic turned on and I talk into it, I can hear myself talking through the headphones. This is probably a noob-ish question, but is there a way to stop this?
 
Under the volume control properties box (control panel, sounds and audio devices, then click on advanced) make sure you have the microphone muted (checked) also turn mic boost on. (Yes this is correct, mute your microphone.) If it is in team speak or something similar you will have to adjust the mic volume under the recording dialog as well. Good luck.
 
When it says volume control at the top, the place where you muted the mic, click on options, then properties, then recording and then OK. You can adjust the mic volume and this will raise or lower your voice volume (what others hear) when using team speak. Also make sure the microphone is selected under this dialog, forgot to mention this can cause feedback as well. Don't forget that mic boost! Good Luck
 
Back
Top