I busted a kid at work today trying to steal a game part 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 68403
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA funny stuff man.. i am cracking up right now!! lol and i gotta see that footage on tape!!

WSlyce said:
Nice imagination you have there. I don't believe any of it.

obviously you have never worked in retail electronics/computer support. hell, even walking through walmart one time i heard a guy yelling at the top of his lungs at the freaking TIRE CENTER sales people, it was so bad the entire freaking store (customers AND employees) were wandering over to that section to see what was going on. to qualify to this story, this was in shreveport louisiana, a hillbilly metropolis :p

Ludic said:
This is surreal, I can't believe that actually happened. Either you're a really good story teller, or people are more moronic than I was once led to believe.

People are even more stupid than you believe. We had a guy from Risk Management come by our store and talk to us about how to handle shoplifters. Then he started telling us stories about shoplifters. At one store they caught a guy for stealing a pack of cigarettes. Two employees catch the guy and take him upstairs. While asking the guy if he had stolen anything else he went berserk and started fighting with the store employees. Another employee called over the intercom for help. Then the perp pulled out a gun he had stashed. The other two employees let off of him and he proceeds to go downstairs. A third employee from the meat market heard the call for help on the intercom and was coming up the stairs to help his fellow co-workers. They dont think he ever even knew what happened to him. He opens the door right as the perp is heading downstairs and takes one point blank in the head.

I believe the perp got life without parole if I remember correctly.

All for a single pack of cigarettes. People are the most unpredictable, dangerous creatures on this earth.

You'd be surprised how many stupid people come into retail stores. Let me tell you a couple of incidents that have happened in just the last week.

On Christmas Eve day, a woman came into the store and wanted to buy 5 20 Gig Apple Ipods and 5 Nintendo DS'es. I politely informed her that we were out of stock on all our Ipods and the Nintendo DS'es. She told me to have a "merry fucking Christmas and rot in hell with all the Mormons in this god-forsaken state."

Just yesterday a man came into the store and brought with him an empty printer cartridge, and asked me where our computer memory was. I showed him our memory selection and he wanted a stick of PC2100. We were out of PC2100 so I told him I'd give him the same price on a stick of PC2700. He got pissed and walked off. So what does he do? He asks another sales associate for the PC2100 memory. The other associate informs him we are out of stock and offers him PC2700. The guy proceeds to tell the other associate that we have "fucking terrible customer service at this store." The other associate turns his back on the guy and walks away. So the guy takes the empty printer cartridge he had brought with him and throws it at the associate and tells him to "fuck himself". The associate actually called the guy a "!!!!face" and then told the guy to get the hell out of the store. I was trying not to just roll on the floor laughing during this incident.

Some guy came in a couple of days ago and he was pissed off because he had purchased an Xbox and it would not play his PS2 games. I kept trying to tell him that Xbox and PS2 games are only compatible with their respective systems, but he would not listen. He kept telling me that his buddy plays his PS2 games on an Xbox all the time and that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and how I shouldn't work at Circuit City because I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Go figure.

Colt___45 said:
You'd be surprised how many stupid people come into retail stores. Let me tell you a couple of incidents that have happened in just the last week.

On Christmas Eve day, a woman came into the store and wanted to buy 5 20 Gig Apple Ipods and 5 Nintendo DS'es. I politely informed her that we were out of stock on all our Ipods and the Nintendo DS'es. She told me to have a "merry fucking Christmas and rot in hell with all the Mormons in this god-forsaken state."

Just yesterday a man came into the store and brought with him an empty printer cartridge, and asked me where our computer memory was. I showed him our memory selection and he wanted a stick of PC2100. We were out of PC2100 so I told him I'd give him the same price on a stick of PC2700. He got pissed and walked off. So what does he do? He asks another sales associate for the PC2100 memory. The other associate informs him we are out of stock and offers him PC2700. The guy proceeds to tell the other associate that we have "fucking terrible customer service at this store." The other associate turns his back on the guy and walks away. So the guy takes the empty printer cartridge he had brought with him and throws it at the associate and tells him to "fuck himself". The associate actually called the guy a "!!!!face" and then told the guy to get the hell out of the store. I was trying not to just roll on the floor laughing during this incident.

Some guy came in a couple of days ago and he was pissed off because he had purchased an Xbox and it would not play his PS2 games. I kept trying to tell him that Xbox and PS2 games are only compatible with their respective systems, but he would not listen. He kept telling me that his buddy plays his PS2 games on an Xbox all the time and that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and how I shouldn't work at Circuit City because I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Go figure.

You have all the fun, can I work with you? :)

While his parents are in jail the kid should be sentanced to play Doom 3 on his PC on Ultra High :p

Yea, and the system can be no more than a rock-solid p90 with overdrive rollin' high with 32mb ram :)

unbelievable. what amazes me the most is not what the other people did, but your (supposed) patience and politeness thoroughout the whole incident. hmmm. maybe i just don't know many patient/polite people heh.

damn dude thats hilarious. thats even more funny than this dude i read about on a forum who bought a 9800xt for his 900mhz computer and said it played farcry with ease

Colt, if you can get a copy of the surveillance footage from when the cops came, you will be a god. It's doubtful but that'd be awesome. :p

MOVIES! Colt, I want some video footage of the beatdown! Anyway you can get it?

BoogerBomb said:
All for a single pack of cigarettes. People are the most unpredictable, dangerous creatures on this earth.

Correction: criminals are the most unpredictable, dangerous creatures on this earth.

No, he was correct in saying "people".

You aren't a "criminal" until you commit a crime. Before that, you were just a person.

There are thousands of people who have murdered once, and only once. Those were just "people" at one time. Many of them were normal, just like you and I. In all of us lies a breaking point.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
People are so wierd sometimes... :rolleyes: I just wish it wasnt illegal to pop someone in the head.

with a gun, these people should not breed, use them as slave labor or whipe them out, the world is overpopulated already

Ive chimed in a wee bit late here but this, in my opinion, is by far one of the best Hardforum threads ive ever had the pleasure of reading. Colt, your a very patient person and that dysfunctional family got what came to them. As for obnoxious crowds during the holiday season, boy ive been there. I used to work in a Futureshop briefly (owned by Best Buy) and be VERY glad you dont work in customer service.. whoa, ive never seen individuals argue/shout about such petty products (batteries to give an example). Keep up the good work and dont let the few bring you down. :cool:

Stealing Doom 3 from a store :eek: I was even reluctant to download it for free after seeing how lame the beta was :p

Ety said:
While his parents are in jail the kid should be sentanced to play Doom 3 on his PC on Ultra High :p

yes!!!! ultra high @ 1600x1200 16xAF and 8xSAA!!!!!! ouch! lmao

Mojo3k70 said:
Ive chimed in a wee bit late here but this, in my opinion, is by far one of the best Hardforum threads ive ever had the pleasure of reading. Colt, your a very patient person and that dysfunctional family got what came to them. As for obnoxious crowds during the holiday season, boy ive been there. I used to work in a Futureshop briefly (owned by Best Buy) and be VERY glad you dont work in customer service.. whoa, ive never seen individuals argue/shout about such petty products (batteries to give an example). Keep up the good work and dont let the few bring you down. :cool:

Had a similar experience. A woman was freaking out at me because Wal-Mart had some re-chargeable battery pack 47 cents cheaper than us, and since she had bought it from us over a month ago, she could no longer get Circuit City's Price Match Plus Guarantee. She just kept arguing about how it was unfair to only give customers 30 days from the date of purchase to find a lower price. I seriously talked to this woman for about 10 minutes before one of my coworkers got fed up and took out his wallet and said, "Here's 2 quarters for you, please shop at Wal-mart in the future."

Colt___45 said:
Had a similar experience. A woman was freaking out at me because Wal-Mart had some re-chargeable battery pack 47 cents cheaper than us, and since she had bought it from us over a month ago, she could no longer get Circuit City's Price Match Plus Guarantee. She just kept arguing about how it was unfair to only give customers 30 days from the date of purchase to find a lower price. I seriously talked to this woman for about 10 minutes before one of my coworkers got fed up and took out his wallet and said, "Here's 2 quarters for you, please shop at Wal-mart in the future."

LMAO hahahahah! i would've gave her the exact 47 cents! hehe

Colt___45 said:

What

the

fuck?

I'd be like, "Give me that console." *snatch it from him* "What you take it for?!" Then say, "you're too fucking stupid to own one of these, now get out." lol Wow...just wow.

Heh.

I work at a Wal-Mart Super Center in the freakin' PRODUCE department. Produce!

People gripe at me all the time when we run out of cucumbers and cilantro! I have been cursed at, told to burn in hell, F--- off and even had my produce cart knocked over (with crates of produce on it) because we ran out of something. Heck, on the 31st it was black -eyed peas and mushrooms!

A while back, a woman went to our beer isle and started opening wine coolers and fourties, and just tipping them back. A woman who was getting pop (it's the same isle, just an opposite wall) was also holding her baby in her arms, turned to look at the other girl, and she gave her a look of like 'what are you looking at b****?' and then threw a bottle at the mother and baby! The mother swatted it away and the other girl started running toward the exit, which is all the way on the other side of the store. My buddy Philip, who works in Dairy, which is one isle over from the beer, had grabbed her and threw her down.
It wasn't the issue of shoplifting beer, but because the mother and child could have been hurt. Amazingly, the woman didn't file charges...

HD, who would have filed charges left and right!

i didnt exactly read the entire thread. . .

but any chance of some video or screenies of the cops beatin down on the dad?
im sure you could censor the part if the guy's face gets recognizable.

a friend of mine who weighs about 350 and is really fat got fired from walmart after puting a customer in a headlock till he passed out, after he tried to bolt out of the store when security tried to stop him. turns out he was applying (sort of stolen) hemorhoid cream in the bathroom.

No wonder I missed Part 2 it's been hiding in the other forums. Say does Colt have a GenMay account?

i vote getting him a genmay sub, if he doesnt have one, for furture funny

oh and what city in utah????

Great stories.... Colt you must work in one of the WORST CC loactions around... (the store is probably nice... physical location prolly blows)

I worked at CompUSSR for 2.5 years here in MI and we had some fun times there as well.
We had a guy bring back a 4 year old CompPC (the original brand though... cant recall the name all the sudden) and demand a refund since it 'never worked right in the first place'. The Ops Manager argued with him for about an hour with the guy threatening legal action all the way. When the manager finally decided it was time to ignore the guy and told us (customre service) to do the same the guy got seriously pissed. He threw his pc into the tech center window (next to customre service) COMPLETELY destroying two customer PC's that were in for service. he ran out the door screaming too.... Too bad he left his license and credit card on the counter....

My favorite was the guy who walked in with a laser printer that was about 5 years old trying to get it serviced. When he heard how much it would be he said 'no thanks' and walked straight back to the printer dept. We figured no big deal, right? He throws a brand new printer in his cart, covers it with a store flyer (great camoflauge, eh?) and leaves his old busted POS where the new one had been on the shelf. He showed his recipt to the guy at the door saying "I was going to have it serviced but it will cost too much" and he wals out the door. loss prevention comes running out from the back of the store and literally tackles this guy in the parking lot and the guy starts screaming for help. When the cops showed up the guy says "That asshole is trying to steal my printer." as they cart his ass off to jail. :D

We also got hit one summer by the same 3 big dudes who would run in and grab three top of the line PC's and throw them on a cart. They'd make a b-line straight for the door where a rental car, rented with a stolen Credit Card would be waiting with the trunk open. I ONE TIME tried to stop them by locking the door while calling loss prevention to get some backup but the thieves left the cart and took off out the entrance. I got a $100 'spiff' for that... and the big bastages came and stole the same 3 PC's the very next day....lol

Its a shame to think that all the BS the father is spewing (coming into the store, filing the complaint, etc) has cost CC more than the cost of Doom3.

oh, and I also hereby nominate this thread for the [H] hall of fame.

I am in Salt Lake City, Utah. Thanks to whoever allowed me to post in the Genmay section.

Sometimes Customers can be idiots. (Only a few though)

One time I was working at McDonalds and two heavy men came in and ordered 1 small fry, to share, I made it for them and they went down to eat it, they ate it together, then they came back wanting us to fill it because we didn't give them much, the counter person said that was what regular customers get, then they said that was the worst service they ever recieved and they where never going to order from us again, then they proceded to storm out of the store.

Also another time someone ordered a spicy mcchicken, and said to make it "Without the spicy", people are so dumb sometimes.

wow, i was in awe at your first story, but thats something i'll remember for years.

in the words of napoleon dynamite...

LUCKY!

Dude, you have no idea how much your story just made my day. I seriously feel a whole lot better now.

I've run into situations like that before, and it's always impossible to believe.

By the way, do you have the security footage of the righteous ass kicking? And if so, can you get us a bootleg copy? :D

*skips a few 100 posts, hits post button*
So whats your paypal I'm sure everybody would be willing to pitch in to get that tape, and host it on their site. :D

BTW: so what really happened? I bet the kid beat the shit outa you then you go online and made a long and elaborate story about how your kept your cool to make yourself feel better...

Sry: couldn't resist :eek:

Now that I think about it, I do recall reading on some lesser forum, about a kid beating the shit out of the guy at circuit sity, and then running off with a free copy of Doom 3 to play on his parents new Dell...

two things:
1. your name is colt? that's a cool name.
2. i bet doom3 gets blamed for all this in some roundabout way. b/c watching his parents fighting cops is nowhere near as bad as blasting away computer images at home.

I often wonder where these people come from. They seem to just appear out of the woodwork to give us a moment of hilarity or shock once in awhile.

Dude. Those two stories were great.

Favorite part:

Here's where it starts getting good.

It was ALREADY Good! Hahaha.

Stupid parents. Thats a jackass kid too. The nerve.

If I am ever by CC near you, I am going to shake your hand and congradulate you on a job well done. :D

Ok, well I read the story and a few other posts, don't have time to read 10 pages of posts. Anyway, This is the reason I cannot wait to work in Best Buy or Circuit City when I am 18. I love stories like this, they make me laugh beyond belief for weeks to come, great convo starters too :D . I remember when my sister worked in a store called NuVision Opticals. I came there every saturday, and there was at one point an old guy who came in every week and said his glasses were broken and he needed new ones and gave Medicare which was expired and argued that it wasn't. One day that guy came in, with his daughter (who was like 40) and she bought the glasses for him. Well he came back in about 2 weeks and said he couldn't see anything in them and wasn't able to read. Well it turned out he was an idiot and during the test they do to check your vision, he said he saw it good when he really didn't. He wanted a refund because he thought he was being ripped off and argued for a good 90 minutes. It ended with him leaving the store and saying he would never come back, my sister responded laughing and saying that this was the best news she has heard all day. I was about 7 at the time, and I was dieing of laughter behind the desk. Well, this guy came back in about 2 months, as if nothing happened, with some new set of glasses he got from another place. That was the last time I saw him.

And this is only one of many stories, this is just the one which I remember best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back