I bought stuff at a flea market

mikenike

Limp Gawd
I know it's mining stuff by Gridseed, no idea what it's worth.

Two questions.

1) Any idea what this stuff is worth?
2) Any idea how I could use it?

Gridseed miners, marked 2014.

http://imgur.com/a/4W2QO

Will probably cost more in electricity than you can mine with it, but if you've got free power, use it in good health.

Two answers:

1) If you paid money for it, it's worth less than you paid
2) Quick Googling turns up this:
Seriously though, 3 year old kit is not going to do you any good. Like was previously mentioned, unless you have free power, it's totally not worth it, and even if you do have free power, your revenue from it is going to be negligible.

How come people still buys these things on Aliexpress for a good $50-60 each? Recent sales as well.

How come people still buys these things on Aliexpress for a good $50-60 each? Recent sales as well.

Foreigners have much cheaper oil prices, which equals cheaper fuel and fuel runs the electricity plants. It may be cost effective for them, but not for us.

Imagine living in a shack in Bahrain... Very little job opportunities and lack of education, however you have dirt cheap electricity and you can get you're hands on a dozen of these little bugger for a small investment! In this situation it may be a consistent source of income.... The cost of living is also way cheap in certain parts of the middle east... This consistent source of income could possibly make you through the month if you live conservatively. Pretty much all of the middle eastern areas could use these for mining and turn a small profit.

Last edited:
Foreigners have much cheaper oil prices, which equals cheaper fuel and fuel runs the electricity plants. It may be cost effective for them, but not for us.

Imagine living in a shack in Bahrain... Very little job opportunities and lack of education, however you have dirt cheap electricity and you can get you're hands on a dozen of these little bugger for a small investment! In this situation it may be a consistent source of income.... The cost of living is also way cheap in certain parts of the middle east... This consistent source of income could possibly make you through the month if you live conservatively. Pretty much all of the middle eastern areas could use these for mining and turn a small profit.

This is true for China and Russia, but probably not middle eastern countries. I haven't seen a single middle eastern miner on forums yet.

Back