I bit the DUST!

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
I mean, I stomped on the trigger and the gun accidently fired so it hit an OCZ Agility 3 120GB. Boy, it's fast!

I crave for more space, but I'm out of ammo.

Do a lot of people have good luck with OCZ? You google and read a lot of terrible things. [issues]

Anand actually recommends OCZ since they update their firmware more than others.

I'm not all that convinced of that argument, but there it is.

I have had 2 SSD's die on me.

1 was a first gen Patriot something or other. I think I have a twin to it still running in my HTPC.

The other was an OCZ 240 Gig Vertex 2. Died after 3 months and replaced under warranty. Been running almost a year since then with no more problems.

OCZ tends to be the cheapest, and I applaud them for driving prices down and pushing performance. But I will not buy another one till they get their act together on reliability.

Don

Really thought his SSD "bit the dust" when he "stomped" on his gun and "accidently fired" and shot his SSD.

But I will not buy another one till they get their act together on reliability.
Actually, OCZ has improved their game, at least in their products.
The Vertex/Agility 2 series was indeed terrible, but their Vertex/Agility 3 series is far more robust.

I don't blame you for your distrust of OCZ though, they did make some very poor choices.

Last edited:
Back