I backed up an my old pc on my new harddrive before reformating, Now having Problems?

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello. I have my sister's pc. I creative a 10gig partion of my harddrive and sent everything of importance over to that partition. I then reformated her pc from 98se to XP. I have everything set up, and now when I am trying get the files back on there, I am having a assload of problems. It says it can't copy files, Becuase it's too deep. Also, I had bunch of important stuff in a my documents folder, and I could access it. Then when I reformated her pc, I couldn't access the stuff on mine even though it's on my drive.

Any help. I am transfering music, and It will do some th en just stop and give me an error? An y help.

Also, Is there any way to retrieve that lost data? it was a resume, addresss book, and other programs like anapod.

And you did not do anything to the partition that you copied your data to once you formated the primary partition? Are you able to see the partition as active and healthy threw disk management? If you could provide a little more info that would be great.

Yes, the partition is healthy and I can access the files on my computer. So I know the file aren't damaged. I dind't do anything ot the partiton. I did use partion magic? to create it.

So the important files are on your computer, and you want to copy them over to your sister's computer, right? And you can access all the files just fine on your computer, right? What happens if you share your sister's hard drive(giving yourself write access), open up the share from your computer, and try to copy files over to it?

Back