• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I am torn between 2 gpu blocks

ltcharles

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
261
So I have a 5870 eyefinity 6 coming on Friday and I would like to have it water cooled for noice and looks.

thing is I am torn between 2 gpu water blocks.

1 being the Heatkiller 58X0 and 2 being EK copper with acetal.

My personal preference would be the heatkiller just so my cpu wb matches with the card and I love the looks of the heatkiller though I hear lots of talk about flow restriction and so on, plus its German made he he.

Now as far as the EK I like their stuff and I have the option of buying the backplate for the card as well which is something heatkiller does not offer, well i couldnt find one at least for the card I will be getting.

So with that said you guys with heatkiller have you run into any issues? Ek guys is your temps as good as heatkillers?

my loop will be res-top->cpu(heatkiller)->gpu(unknown)->rad->reservoir

thanks guys.

Oh and my 4890 xfx card is available for purchase. It being water cooled with a swiftech full cover water block and I also have the original air cooler. If you guys are interested give me an offer on it. Dont be shy just shoot me an offer please note I did have to do following mod to it to make it work since the block didnt fit it but now it does :)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=245656
 
ha ha very true just want to hear others temps nothing is set in stone you know.
 
are you sure the heatkiller block will fit on the eyefinity six card? it looks like a reference pcb but im not entirely sure. if so then go for it. :)
 
according to ek cooling configurator the card is reference so the heatkiller should fit since its made for 5870 reference cards.
 
Back
Top