I am stumped on a monitor. Ordering Tonight. I have $450 to spend help me decide!!

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello, I am looking to get a new monitor the ones I am looking at currently are the 940b, Vp930b, 2005fpw, Va1912, and the Gateway 21". Now, I am not really sure about the 6bit vs. 8bit, argument. I am using a 6bit LCD, a 3year old dell and games look great as far as colors go. The only bad thing is the piss poor 120/120 viewing angle. So, I am really leaning towards the Dell Because, It's a Good Bargain, 8bit Panel, Large, Good viewing angles, but I am afraid FEAR and other dark games will look like shit. What do you guys think. Should I consider the Sceptre 20". If anyone has any pics of the 2005 running FEAR/D3/Q4 I'd love to see them. I am really intersted in widescreen, just so you know. THanks. I am ordering tonight.

one of my friends just bought the dell for $420 this week. he seems happy with it. 2005fpw ftw.

I really want the 2005fpw, but am afraid for my card. I really would like to be able to run CoD2, and Oblivion in their full glory. The 7800GT while a beast, is, I am still afraid not enough for somethign made to Tame the Beast. I am intersted to see how the Dell looks out of it's native rez. The reason why I am contemplating the Viewsonic is because, It runs at 1440x900 which will give me a widescreen res, and performance better than 12x10. I may end up w/ the 2005 if I can get it for under $400 tonigth. I dunno though. Anyone.

Does anyone have any input on the 7800GT>CoD2>2005fpw, or how the game looks at High-Medium Settings and performance at 16x12. Thanks.

i have:

athlon64 4000+
evga 7800gt
1 gig o' ram

been running games at 1680x1050 no problems, most with at least 2xfsaa and 16xaf.

i recently bought the fw900 (24" widescreen sony crt) - very much worth it, and that i can scale down to lower or up to higher widescreen rezes is very nice for future use.

my input. : D

Here are pictures of the Xbox 360 and the 2005fpw. Those are definitly HD... :D http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2349

IMG_0017.jpg

yea I don't think you should buy the 20" Sceptre. It does seem to rip a bit.I am considering returning mine this Weekend to Costco

TheBlueChanell said:
Out of the Price Range, G!!! :D

Hehe, missed your price range. I can't really say to get it anyway, I don't get mine until Christmas, but reviewers liked it.

I think I will just go down to best buy and pick up one of those 19" Sony's w/ the X-black shit.

Eh, if it's not too late, I would very strongly have to suggest the Samsung 940b..... I love mine to no end. I'm also hoping for a second for christmas....

I bought a 940B and decided I didn't like LCDs so I got a FW900. I see you're already decided on LCDs, so a FW900 is out of the question, but I can at least tell you 16:10 kicks the crap out of 5:4 for gaming.

Indolentron said:
I bought a 940B and decided I didn't like LCDs so I got a FW900. I see you're already decided on LCDs, so a FW900 is out of the question, but I can at least tell you 16:10 kicks the crap out of 5:4 for gaming.

I've seriously considered that monitor way back when Mathesar started his thread. It would have been the perfect monitor, 1080i for 360/ps3. I was going to use it as my TV too, but Oh well. I built a small pc for a reason, not to have some 100lbs beast next to it. Albeit a sexy one.

Back