• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I am hating CRT lately........

Big Worm

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
2,626
So I get a new 32" CRT TV and set it up and I get magnetic problems, Find out its my big stereo speakers.

So I spent 8 hours re-arranging my living room and in the process I have to move the computer desk 1 wall over no now its facing 90 degrees in a different direction. Now I am getting a wobbling picture:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its not a refresh rate problem like where you have a vibrating picture, its a real slow wobble where the sides bow in and moves down the screen..

I have only had the monitor on for a half hour, anyone know if this will stop if I leave it for a while??????? I am assuming its doing this from changing the monitors direction, this apple studio display is F**KING hidious for magnetic distortion.

Please someone give me some insight for this monitor, will it go away and get used to the new direction? I dont want to have to buy another one. If I do it will have to wait for me to save up a bit more extra cash for a flat panel LCD, I am getting so fed up with CRT's.

PS, the monitor is even further away from the speakers, and the speakers before didnt really bother it, I am thinking its from moving the monitor in a new direction... right?
 
Wobble genearlly = ac current. Generally a unsheilded fan, but ac mains and the like running behind a screen have caused it before as well. And 32" CRT? Thats a TV :p
 
Originally posted by SoulkeepHL
Wobble genearlly = ac current. Generally a unsheilded fan, but ac mains and the like running behind a screen have caused it before as well. And 32" CRT? Thats a TV :p

Thats what I figured,

The 32" is my TV, the monitor I am talking about is a 17" studio display.
 
Originally posted by Big Worm
Thats what I figured,

The 32" is my TV, the monitor I am talking about is a 17" studio display.

Heh, I need to get more sleep, or do less statics/calc/survey while going without sleep. But it still sounds like ac interference to me.
 
Back
Top