HyperX DDR PC4000 $129.99 @ CC

R

RoBsTaMaCk

Ugh.. Sorry for you man.. BestBuy had these same sticks for $199.99 - $85.00 IR - $15.00 MIR = $100.00 a stick. I picked up two, sadly I didn't read that it is one rebate per household.. I'll just swallow the other $15 dollars but hey, still is a hot hot price for it.

I got these same sticks for 100 bucks at Best Buy. I even offered to sell them for 100 bucks on here becuase I wanted lower latency ram. I ended up just taking them back.

Originally posted by XBLiNKX
I got these same sticks for 100 bucks at Best Buy. I even offered to sell them for 100 bucks on here becuase I wanted lower latency ram. I ended up just taking them back.

A $100 for a stick of that is highway robbery at current RAM prices.

Originally posted by MemoryInAGarden
A $100 for a stick of that is highway robbery at current RAM prices.

Highway robbery on who's part? The buyers or the sellers? Concerning Best Buy and the MIR, I would rather pay $10 more and not have to worry about going to the Post Office, waiting for a rebate that may or may not come, and then going to the bank to deposit/cash it. BTW, I also got it at CC for $119.99.

Originally posted by LowLifeEric
Ugh.. Sorry for you man.. BestBuy had these same sticks for $199.99 - $85.00 IR - $15.00 MIR = $100.00 a stick. I picked up two, sadly I didn't read that it is one rebate per household.. I'll just swallow the other $15 dollars but hey, still is a hot hot price for it.

uhh, notice the word "had" as in "then" and this is now so your "past" Best Buy deal doesnt mean dick to someone who's interested in this RAM now.

sheez... someone tries to post a decent deal on some good RAM and the next thing you know he gets the "welcome to yesterday" treatment. :rolleyes:

dude, he wasn't being a dick. just stating that he missed out on a better deal. i didn't see any hostility whatsoever. anyway, is this ram good? i'm looking at ram and i wanted to get the corsair 512mb xms pc3200 ram with heatsink, and it's gone up almost $50 in the last 2 weeks alone!! and my dad just transferred my money so i'm buying my comp very very soon, so looks like have to settle for the geil 512mb with blue heatspreader. anyone know anything about this ram? is it good, or should i hop for this pc4000 deal???

well, do you really need better RAM or can the stuff you currently have tide you over?

the sweet deal that Best Buy had on this RAM a while back ago happened once already so I'm sure it'll happen again.

the golden question when??? hmmm.........

as for if this RAM is any good? I'd say so cuz its running at 250FSB (@ 1:1) on my P4 rig without any problems.

That link doesnt show anything. Or at least not what i thought it would. Are you looking at muchkin?

I was showing no hostility at all, don't flame me for saying that there was a better deal a few weeks before hand. I meant no harm and you should stfu k? <~~~ Thats hostility, Thanks

I got 2 sticks in the Best Buy Deal in March (both with Samsung chips).... They have ran the $100 deal 2 times in the last 3 or 4 weeks or so in case you miss this deal keep an eye out at BB. As for the Memory, It clocks good... But not at the Timings that the Corsair does. If I had it to do over again I would pass on it and pick up something else with better timings. This stuff doesn't like CL2 with any kind of tight timings... It doesn’t even like "Turbo" mode when I set it in the BIOS. But this is just my own testing, YMMV... Just don't get your hopes up to crank this stuff to CL2-2-2 @ 200+ FSB and be happy with the higher FSB at CL3. Then if it work faster it will just be a plus.. :)

Back