HyperX Cloud II not recognized by USB

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
I got a set of those HyperX Cloud II's when they were in Hot Deals a few weeks ago.

My gaming machine, windows 10 Pro, will not recognize them. It does not matter what USB port I plug them in to.

My other headset, a Turtle Beach, also will not recognize via USB.

Other controllers work fine. It's only USB Sound Devices that aren't working.

I can usually fix stuff like this quickly, but this one has me a bit stumped.

There are no entries in the DM to work with.

Does it at least come up in device manager as "unknown device" when you plug it in?
EDIT: Just realised that DM stands for device manager. What motherboard are you using?

Does it at least come up in device manager as "unknown device" when you plug it in?
EDIT: Just realised that DM stands for device manager. What motherboard are you using?

Nope. It turns out my turtle beach headphones with usb aren't recognized either.

MB is a Asus and iirc it's a ROG Maximus V.

Does the dongle light up at least? IIRC there is a red led on the Cloud 2 dongle.
I assume you are using latest Asus usb drivers (3.0 and 2.0). If so, try uninstalling them from dm and using whatever windows installs. If it has them, use 2.0 ports as there is probably a higher chance to have windows drivers for them. Try older asus drivers. Also, maybe, per chance, there is some weird setting in the bios that disables all other sound devices except the onboard, but it's just me grasping for straws. I doubt it's not powering the dongles, so it has to be a very specific issue with the way usb drivers deal (or don't deal) with your usb dongles.

Last edited:
Does the dongle light up at least? IIRC there is a red led on the Cloud 2 dongle.
I assume you are using latest Asus usb drivers (3.0 and 2.0). If so, try uninstalling them from dm and using whatever windows installs. If it has them, use 2.0 ports as there is probably a higher chance to have windows drivers for them. Try older asus drivers. Also, maybe, per chance, there is some weird setting in the bios that disables all other sound devices except the onboard, but it's just me grasping for straws. I doubt it's not powering the dongles, so it has to be a very specific issue with the way usb drivers deal (or don't deal) with your usb dongles.

Yes it does. Not the 7.1 button though.

No other usb devices are having issues. Only the USB DAC devices.

Maybe flash your motherboard's BIOS to the latest one? That's cured a number of problems I've had in the past.

Maybe flash your motherboard's BIOS to the latest one? That's cured a number of problems I've had in the past.

Unless it changed very recently, it's up to date but I'll double check.

I'm not sure if anyone still cares or if this is the same problem but the logo is still lighting up so I assumed its still getting power just no sound when aux is plugged in and 7.1 buttons not working. so opened it up and one of the wires became free of the solder so I assume this was the issue, will be working on it tomorrow so will edit this if it works or not.

Back