Hyperthreading RAWCKS!

1c3d0g said:
That's so true. :) They've also started doing heavy moderation in the GPU forums, because it was getting out of hand...I feel the same thing should be happening here. The thread title is clearly labeled "Hyperthreading RAWCKS!". Nowhere in that thread title did I see anything even remotely resembling a comparison against Dual Core CPU's (which we all know are a different breed altogether - unfortunately our little fella here isn't aware of that :( ), or even a mention of AMD's name for that matter. This thread is just a praise for HT, nothing more, nothing less. If you have nothing worthy to add, don't comment! :eek:

QFT!!!!!!! IMHO, the last 5 or 6 posts pretty much nailed WTF the problems are on many forums. Of all the things Intel did wrong, Hyperthreading was NOT one of them. The tech was and is good, they didn't charge for it, Microsoft integrated it into WinXP, Eventhough the P4 is not as good as AMD in Games, Games take less of a hit with HT while Multitasking. Yes it came as a shock that Intel would then use HT as a Value Added product on Dual Core afterwards.

I also think Cedar Mill will get a nice kick in the pants from Hyperthreading as well. Folks are expecting 4.5GHz overclocks from it. These things are supposed to be fairly CHEAP as well.

Donnie27

Back