CleanSlate
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Mar 28, 2003
- Messages
- 5,263
So, why is it that paying extra for an i7 to get a chip worthy of it is a necessity?
I would have gone i5 had hyperthreading been on any of the chips worth my while. Also, buying an intel motherboard vs buying an amd motherboard is almost a joke when it comes to price and value.
It must be frustrating as a consumer. I know it was for me. Which is why I had to spend my cash else where. Don't get me wrong, I could have afforded a top of the line i7 but why would I encourage such blatant price gouging and Apple-like strategies of raping peoples pocket books just to get old technology? I don't buy Apple products either and it's not a huge secret why. Ethics, mostly.
No, I don't want your patched up yet 10 year old technology for double the price for brand new technology from your competitor and then also to get price gouged again on your peripherals and attachments or even a necessary motherboard that has more than one extra pcie slot and two ram slots.
Am I just annoyed for no reason here or what? In a very strict business/money is king sort of way it makes sense but in a sane/customer satisfaction and customer relations view point it's just blatantly/obviously bad business tactics.
I would have gone i5 had hyperthreading been on any of the chips worth my while. Also, buying an intel motherboard vs buying an amd motherboard is almost a joke when it comes to price and value.
It must be frustrating as a consumer. I know it was for me. Which is why I had to spend my cash else where. Don't get me wrong, I could have afforded a top of the line i7 but why would I encourage such blatant price gouging and Apple-like strategies of raping peoples pocket books just to get old technology? I don't buy Apple products either and it's not a huge secret why. Ethics, mostly.
No, I don't want your patched up yet 10 year old technology for double the price for brand new technology from your competitor and then also to get price gouged again on your peripherals and attachments or even a necessary motherboard that has more than one extra pcie slot and two ram slots.
Am I just annoyed for no reason here or what? In a very strict business/money is king sort of way it makes sense but in a sane/customer satisfaction and customer relations view point it's just blatantly/obviously bad business tactics.