HyperTermial

-(Xyphox)-

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, For Years I've been using hyper terminal to log into cisco gear
What other programs do you guys use?

No more hyperterminal in Windows Vista...

better start getting used to putty.

No more hyperterminal in Windows Vista...

better start getting used to putty.

I've used putty a little, there was a program that I used ages ago in my cisco lab's that was really nice. And for the life of me i cant remember what the program was... It was very nice, had many options and could be customized to your liking. Anyone use anything else besides putty? Seeing the name might ring a bell

I've used putty a little, there was a program that I used ages ago in my cisco lab's that was really nice. And for the life of me i cant remember what the program was... It was very nice, had many options and could be customized to your liking. Anyone use anything else besides putty? Seeing the name might ring a bell

Cisco config maker? Maybe

In our DNET lab we have Hyper Terminal, Putty and Terra Term. I prefer terra term consoling in but putty for everything else.

I use AbsoluteTelnet. It has a ton of options and tabs so you can have multiple sessions in one window. It's not free but it's worth every penny. You can console, telnet and ssh with it. The buffer is huge so you can go back literally thousands of lines if needed. Has a 30 day trial.

I use AbsoluteTelnet. It has a ton of options and tabs so you can have multiple sessions in one window. It's not free but it's worth every penny. You can console, telnet and ssh with it. The buffer is huge so you can go back literally thousands of lines if needed. Has a 30 day trial.

I think that's what we used, it is a very nice program

edit: I was thinking of something else. totally disregard what I said previously.

I put putty in my root directory so I can just run putty x.x.x.x -l me from the command line or the run box. If I am going to be in the device for a while, I fire up SecureCRT.

Tera Term is what I use for console access.

DOWN WITH HYPERTERMINAL! it really does suck...

I used to use Putty, but started using SecureCRT and don't want to go back....

Another vote for TeraTerm, I've even used the scripting language to automate initial cisco configs before!

It also does wonderful VT emulation if you're going to play Galactic Trader at gamingmuseum.com

Back