• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hyper-V to ESXI

Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
38
Have always considered moving to esxi due to the lower footprint hypervisor.

my main issue is that the box that would be running esxi also has my adaptec 6x 3tb raid 6 array on it.

how would I present this to esxi, I currently have 2x 5tb VD's and what left is in a VD for CCTV.

last time I toyed with esxi I was unable to find a way to present this to esxi without creating lots of little datastores.

What is the right way to present this sort of config to esxi??
 
The current version of ESXI allows for datastores larger than 2TB. Is the raid array for storing VM's or is it storage that one of your VM's uses?
 
Back
Top