BillytheSkids
n00b
- Joined
- Jul 6, 2014
- Messages
- 27
Hello all,
I've recently been encountering more and more businesses running Hyper-V and with my desire to become more intimately familiar I decided to change my lab over from ESXi to Hyper-V 2012 R2. I am using old retired hardware for bare metal machines in a Workgroup configuration as I have a multiple platform lab. I must say the plug and play nature of Hyper-V over ESXi was definitely nice on this hardware but I immediately hit a wall.
After my initial attempt at configuration I received and error. I began researching online, tried running hvremote and numerous other methods of configuring to connect to the server with Hyper-V Manager on my recently installed Windows 10 laptop. The error states "An error occurred while attempting to connect to server" and "The WinRM client cannot process process the request." The error suggests configuring TrustedHosts and when I attempt to force add server to TrustedHosts it states WinRM cannot process the request.
Just for clarification I have the server listed in both my DNS server and in the laptops Hosts file. I have enabled Anonymous Login in Component Services and opened up the correct ports on the firewall. I have also launched a Windows 8.1 VM on the same laptop and been able to access the server with no issue. I have gone through the MSDN on what's new for Hyper-V in Windows 10 and found no source of this problem. It even lists Windows 2012 R2 as compatible. Is there something that I am missing in Windows 10 in a Workgroup that is causing this?
While I appreciate any help I was more curious if this was something anyone else has encountered. There appears to be simultaneously no documentation of this issue and no instruction or documentation of this configuration post release.
I've recently been encountering more and more businesses running Hyper-V and with my desire to become more intimately familiar I decided to change my lab over from ESXi to Hyper-V 2012 R2. I am using old retired hardware for bare metal machines in a Workgroup configuration as I have a multiple platform lab. I must say the plug and play nature of Hyper-V over ESXi was definitely nice on this hardware but I immediately hit a wall.
After my initial attempt at configuration I received and error. I began researching online, tried running hvremote and numerous other methods of configuring to connect to the server with Hyper-V Manager on my recently installed Windows 10 laptop. The error states "An error occurred while attempting to connect to server" and "The WinRM client cannot process process the request." The error suggests configuring TrustedHosts and when I attempt to force add server to TrustedHosts it states WinRM cannot process the request.
Just for clarification I have the server listed in both my DNS server and in the laptops Hosts file. I have enabled Anonymous Login in Component Services and opened up the correct ports on the firewall. I have also launched a Windows 8.1 VM on the same laptop and been able to access the server with no issue. I have gone through the MSDN on what's new for Hyper-V in Windows 10 and found no source of this problem. It even lists Windows 2012 R2 as compatible. Is there something that I am missing in Windows 10 in a Workgroup that is causing this?
While I appreciate any help I was more curious if this was something anyone else has encountered. There appears to be simultaneously no documentation of this issue and no instruction or documentation of this configuration post release.
Last edited: