• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hyper Transport Frequency: I'm confused!

BS911

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 22, 2000
Messages
270
Currently I have my 3800+ x2 @ 2.4 (240x10) with the Hyper Transport Frequency set to 5x. I keep reading that you want it to be "as close to 1000" as possible. Should I have it set to 4x even though my system is stable with it at 5x? I read someone that said they would rather have it at 950 than 1100. Am I actually degrading system performance with it at 5x? Doesn't seem like it would be but just checking! :)
 
i dont see why u shouldnt turn it down to 4x, u wont loose any performance but will only benefit your system ;)
 
Thank you for the info.

Would someone explain why the 4x setting would run better than the 5x? It seems that at 5x it would be overclocked? That's obviously not the case but I must be missing something!
 
200x4 = 800

200x5 = 1000

Its pretty simple

so

240x4= 960

240x5 =1200

I would leave it whever its stable. If its perfect stable at 5x... then leave it there. Not a big deal
 
Note: If you end up OC'ing the X2 ALWAYS change the HT frequency so that HT remains AT OR BELOW 1000. I (and other people) have ended up having many instabilities just because I was at 260 and HT multi was left at 4x. However there is no performance degrade from having 1000 HT or 800 so it doesn't really matter. Likewise, running it above 1000 wont matter in terms of "how much performance you get" however with X2s having crashes with over 1k HT is not uncommon.
 
Back
Top