• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hyper 212 plus too loud

spiroh

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
383
Hello,

The fan on the hyper 212 plus is extremely loud and I have to completely turn down the settings in the bios to compensate. Is there a silent mode operation for the fan? If not, what are the recommended fans I can use for silent operation. I'm big on silent PC's. Thanks
 
with speedfan can I set up increments of the fan speed for certain temps?
 
I don't use it, but from reading and I quote "Consider that when the WARNING temperature is reached, the program sets the fan speed to 100, whatever maximum speed you selected"

Might just be a warning to critical setting that you can map your fan speed to, hope this helps.
 
I own two hyper 212+ coolers and agree the stock fan can become irritatingly loud.


I replaced the stock fans with Gelid Silent 12 pwm fans and couldn't be happier with the results very similar performance much quieter when the fan ramps up.
 
The Hyper fans are not that great. I switched out the stock fan with a Nexus fan. If your mobo supports it, try a PWM fan. I use a Scythe PWM fan on my 212+ now because you can set up a fan profile in the BIOs for speed/temp.
 
The Cooler Master BladeMaster fans are great fans; yes, they are loud at full speed, but so it any mid-speed fan. Use some software to manually adjust the speed.
 
Back
Top