Hydor L40 overkill?

ProOC

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
129
Could I use a hydor L40 in a PC watercooling setup or is it too crazy?

Here is what I can see it has for specs:

Max Flowrate 740GPH (2800l/h)
Delivery Head 90" (230cm)
Power consumption 23W (US Version- 115V-60HZ)
5/8"OD barbed fittings on both suction and pressure sides.

Thanks all.
 
it would help to tell us your water cooling system.. it's not worth it if you have a one non restrictive water block.. duh
 
I currently have a swiftech H20-22500-AV kit and my 300 pump is leaking. I have the 5000-A block with it. Recommend what I should do if you've got any good ideas.
 
ProOC said:
I currently have a swiftech H20-22500-AV kit and my 300 pump is leaking. I have the 5000-A block with it. Recommend what I should do if you've got any good ideas.

Gabe had nothing but trouble with the mcp300's. The first one I had leaked & after about 3 months use the 2nd one did also. You should contact them about a replacement.

PS: FWIW, I also had a Hydor l20 that leaked..... :(
 
Jima13 said:
Gabe had nothing but trouble with the mcp300's. The first one I had leaked & after about 3 months use the 2nd one did also. You should contact them about a replacement.

PS: FWIW, I also had a Hydor l20 that leaked..... :(

I doubt they would replace it because I tried to cure the leak with a small dab of silicon and they will probably consider that to void the warranty.

I wouldn't really want to exchange it for another pump that's just going to leak anyway.
 
Back
Top