Hydor L25 Pump Very Loud

Deadlierchair

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2003
Messages
1,400
Well I just got this pump to replace my Maxijet 1200 that I recently broke :mad:

Anyway, it's really quite loud. It buzzes a ton in fact. Has anyone ever attempted to glue the impeller shaft down and did this help at all? Any advice?
 
How do you have it mounted? I had an L-35 mounted directly to my case at first and was very loud. I then mounted it with the rubber suction cups that came with it and is just has a faint hum now.
 
you must have a fubar pump man.. or air in your system... or have it mounted right on the case...
cuz i have a Hydor L30 and it's sitting on a tiny foam pad and with the side panel off i hear my Seagate's idle spinning louder then the pump itself...
 
james.m.flood said:
you must have a fubar pump man.. or air in your system... or have it mounted right on the case...
cuz i have a Hydor L30 and it's sitting on a tiny foam pad and with the side panel off i hear my Seagate's idle spinning louder then the pump itself...

Yeah, I ended up fixing the problem, must have been something loose or weird in the original casing. I took the pump apart a couple times and put it back together and then after a short time it was just fine.
 
Back
Top