"Hybrid" water cooling for GX2?

skypine27

Gawd
I'm a big silent/near silent PC guy. I run a fairly high end system (see sig) and I am about to replace my 8800 Ultra with a Evga 9800 GX2 KO Overclocked.

However, after I ordered the card, I started reading some more reviews, and in general the GX2 is supposed to be near dust-buster loud (under load). That's going to spell serious trouble for my current rig, which is near silent. (loudest thing in it is the 135mm PSU intake fan)

So I've been seeing this neat water block thats about to come out for the GX2, but no aftermarket big air coolers yet.

How easy (and neat/clean) is it to set up a small water cooling system just for the video card? I have no need for it for my CPU and/or chipsets.

Thanks guys

It all depends...if you want quick, easy, and nearly silent you could easily drop 500$ total for the gx2 water block which is listed at DD for around 200$ The rest you could put down on a Zelman Raserator 2 or reserator xt, or an Aqua computer aqueduct 240 or 360...if you go this rout you will not really have super performance cooling for max oc but it will be more than adequate and keeps with your near silent system...(Take a look at my media computer specs)...if you want to build your own loop from the ground up it will be cheaper but choose you components wisely or it will end up as loud as your stock gx2 fans and no better. I will let more qualified people recommend the parts.

Back