Hybrid PhysX Update Batman/Alice (ATi+nVidia) works finally!

P10-17000

Weaksauce
Last edited:
will say 8800gt be fast enough for any physX implementation out there? What would be the minimum?

Thanks for the link!

Been dragging my feet on this, but I'll dig up one of my old nvidia cards now...

1. Link fixed.
2. Works with HD3D.
3. 8800GT should be fine. My GTX260-216 is basically the fastest card out there as no real improvement is seen with higher cards and maxes at 43% load IIRC in Batman2 ([AC] the most intense game out so far, barring FluidMark) since that has 0.9/1.1TeraFlops OCed with 216cores and your 112cores have 0.33-0.5TFmax it should use/load 94% since we run the shaders at similar MHz, if my calculations are correct. --Others use your card. You have basically half my card's power/VRAM bandwidth (56->112GBps) but it only uses 3% or so memory bandwidth anyway so it should be fine. It works with any Geforce8+ (at least 256MB probably) and should only be slightly slower than with PhysX OFF, even with a crap card. However, it doesn't work on any Win Vista 32 or 64.
4. You're welcome, remember to donate if you appreciate it.
5. Yes, since BorderLands2 uses v2.84 it will work, just move the PhysX* and cuda* files/folders (you may need to restore PhysXCore.dll if the level doesn't load --no way to test that particular last item since even a demo isn't out yet. Will Work in Hitman5 (Absolution) also. All planned games coming out this year use v2.84 and v3 is finally optimized to use SSE+ so it will should/seems to work fine without a Hybrid System.finally.

Cool that this is working again. Back when I had my 5870/GTS250 combo, it actually performed better than with 2 (better) Nvidia cards.

I usually use Google Wallet for donations, PM me if that isn't good for you.

Yeah, at 3.2TeraFlops OCed, the 5870 has more raw processing power than at GTX680(3.1TF!) go figure. Of course with 128 texturing units (~128GTexels) compared to 80 (~80GT) the GTX can antialias 37.5% faster, but they're tied at about 32GPixels, both with 32ROPs.

Last edited:
Back