hybrid laptops with active digitizer

rudy

[H]F Junkie
I am wondering if I am missing anything. Been looking at the surface but cant get over the sealed battery, also the floppy keyboard is not that great.

Are there any tablets with an active digitizer and a removable or pivotable keyboard. And how about a removable battery?

Thinkpad Helix and Thinkpad Yoga 12" both have active digitizers. Lenovo is also releasing new versions of the Thinkpad Yoga soon with Skylake in 12" and 14" with active digitizers as well.

Removable battery probably isn't going to happen.
Dell has an upcoming 12" tablet w/ an active stylus but if it's the same thing as the Venue 11 Pro I have the battery (AAAA) only lasts about a month if you're lucky.

Thinkpad Helix2 has replaceable battery by disassembly. Another thing to consider is if the CPU fan is user replaceable or better yet go fanless.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-helix-series-laptops/thinkpad-helix-type-20cg-20ch/documents/PD100381

My Thinkpad Helix2 uses a quality Sanyo lithium polymer battery so it should last quite awhile. The one in my ~2007 Thinkpad x61s is still going strong but the trick is to let it fully discharge/recharge like at least once a week. Constantly using a little then topping is bad for the battery.

As far as keyboard Thinkpad has the best and there are several options.

Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with Trackpoint and built-in rechargeable battery

Ultrabook Keyboard and touchpad dock that's usually bundled

Ultrabook Keyboard Pro hinged clamshell keyboard with Trackpoint nub, touchpad and battery

Compact USB Keyboard with Trackpoint

Folio keyboard with touchpad

Honestly with modern battery life.... you will probably be ready to throw your tablet out in the trash before the battery is bad unless you use nothing BUT battery EVER! And laptops, and tablets, should be plugged in when stationary anyways.

The Surface Pro 4 is about to drop in the next 2 weeks, Oct 6th I believe. And once it does it will have an active stylus made by Israeli company NTrig.

The one in my ~2007 Thinkpad x61s is still going strong but the trick is to let it fully discharge/recharge like at least once a week. Constantly using a little then topping is bad for the battery.

Other way around, fully discharging Lithium ion batteries is rather bad for them. Wears them out quicker than partial discharges.
Once in a great while to teach the electronics on the battery what's going on is fine but once a week is overkill and accelerating the decline of the battery.

Back