• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

hybrid HDDs in hardware raid?

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
5,833
I am looking at using a few Seagate 1TB hybrid drives with 8GB MLC cache connected to a hardware raid controller running in RAID10.

Are there any issues with using the hybrid drives in hardware raid? The Internet is devoid of any info about issues, but I figure to check with [H] experts before going out and buying a bunch of these hybrid drives.
 
There shouldn't be, as I'm assuming the 8GB cache is done at the block level. Should work out pretty well I'd think from a performance perspective, at least on reads. Don't think those drives cache writes, however, so might be no performance improvement there.
 
Back
Top