Hybrid cooler transfer

manny1222

Gawd
Hi guys.
I was looking to upgrade my gpu from a 980ti to a 1080ti. I have an evga reference 980ti with their addon hybrid cooler and i really like it - cool temps, nice looks.
Am I able to transfer this cooler to the 1080ti? Has anyone tried this or did they totally redo the pcb/hybrid design?
Just trying to see if i can save some money reusing it.
Thanks.

I would doubt it would be as easy as that. The 1080ti is a redesigned PCB layout. I say hope for the best, prepare for the worse. In any event go to EK's website and go through their EK configurator. Pull up both pictures of the 980ti and 1080ti's naked PCB and see if they match up.

I think you can. IIRC people have shown that the 980 Ti Hybrid is a direct bolt on to the Titan X, which is basically the same PCB as the 1080 Ti. Just remember to get new thermal padding and match the application up 1:1 with the blower on the EVGA mid plate.

Hi guys.
I was looking to upgrade my gpu from a 980ti to a 1080ti. I have an evga reference 980ti with their addon hybrid cooler and i really like it - cool temps, nice looks.
Am I able to transfer this cooler to the 1080ti? Has anyone tried this or did they totally redo the pcb/hybrid design?
Just trying to see if i can save some money reusing it.
Thanks.

In the same boat. Interested to know if this will work

Back