• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HX650 buzzing noise

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
641
I recently upgraded 2 GPU's 6950 2gb.

I ran Kombustor and the PSU gives buzzing sound sometimes almost sounds as if the fan is clicking but pretty sure it's a transistor/condensator in PSU mostlikely.

When playing Dirt3 I can hear the buzzing sound when the ingame sound is low.

Not played other games yet.

PC in sig, I have the CPU 965 C3 125 undervolted@stock speed and 1.25v
slightly overvolt from 1.100 to 1.125v and core 800-> 875, memory 1250 --> 1325.
 
It happens. Nothing you can do about it. The good news is that it's not problematic, so just ignore it.
 
Yeah I know, Ive had 8800gtx start buzzing in the past.

It just feels as maybe the PSU is getting to it's limits, still I doubt Ive reached 624w on 12v or 650w in total.

It obviously is because of GPU's load the PSU make the noise because of Kombustor.

In Dirt3 Peak the cpu 4 cores where 89-91% but most of the time they where 30-45% or 55-70% depending in level.

Both GPU cores where 97-100%
 
Electronics can make noise. It's perfectly normal, although commonly undesirable. Capacitors and coils are probably the worst offenders.
 
Back
Top