• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HX520 Enough?

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
10,448
Okay, so my rig isn't quite as "balanced" as most- as in, no Quad with an 8800... I'm redistributing parts, so my current PSU (NeoHE 550) is going into my HTPC. Here's how it'll look once I rebuild:
Q6600 B3, 4GHz at around 1.6V- currently 3.6GHz at 1.55V under water
Vapochill XE
2 HDs, 2 DVDs
X1900 AIW
X800 XT
3x Panaflo 120mm "M", undervolted to 5V
2x Panaflo 80mm "M", also undervolted

I've gotten a good offer for an HX520, but the combined load of the CPU and Vapochill has me worried. I Fold, so the CPU will be pegged at 100% all the time. It'll also be my gaming rig.
 
If an HX520 can power all that, then I think it can cope with an Opty 170, one hard drive, a DDC pump and a 7600GS. I therefore conclude that it wasn't a lack of power that made my DDC stop.:mad:
 
If an HX520 can power all that, then I think it can cope with an Opty 170, one hard drive, a DDC pump and a 7600GS. I therefore conclude that it wasn't a lack of power that made my DDC stop.:mad:
Huh? :confused:
I don't know if it'll handle it, which is why I'm asking...

I'm adding about 400MHz and 0.05V to the Quad, I'm adding an X800, a Vapochill, and a drive to my current setup (and swapping out the Neo), which is why I'm worried about the Corsair.
 
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to add anything to the answer - I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine, I was just moaning to myself. The HX520 could power a train, I think.
 
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to add anything to the answer - I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine, I was just moaning to myself. The HX520 could power a train, I think.

We are in the midst of obtaining Amtrak certification for the HX series as we speak! :D
 
Okay, so my rig isn't quite as "balanced" as most- as in, no Quad with an 8800... I'm redistributing parts, so my current PSU (NeoHE 550) is going into my HTPC. Here's how it'll look once I rebuild:
Q6600 B3, 4GHz at around 1.6V- currently 3.6GHz at 1.55V under water
Vapochill XE
2 HDs, 2 DVDs
X1900 AIW
X800 XT
3x Panaflo 120mm "M", undervolted to 5V
2x Panaflo 80mm "M", also undervolted

I've gotten a good offer for an HX520, but the combined load of the CPU and Vapochill has me worried. I Fold, so the CPU will be pegged at 100% all the time. It'll also be my gaming rig.

Why are you adding a x800 xt? You have a x1900
 
A little late now, but quad display. Now the X800 is running as the main card in my X2 HTPC, using the 690G onboard for third and fourth displays.
 
Back
Top