• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HW RAID5 replacing 1 harddrive

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
641
Question: Can I just take out one harddrive and put in a new harddrive and let it rebuild itself?

It is 5 harddrives in my Lian Li EX-50b HW RAID5.
from different batches are 2x HD204UI and 1x WD20EARS.
The remaining 2 harddrives are from same batch HD203WI so I replace one of them with a
WD or Samsung harddrive.

I have 2x HD203WI from same batch so I'm replacing it with either a WD20EARS or HD204UI.
 
Yes you can. But consider moving to a better RAID config at some point in the future.
 
Back
Top