Hurry get yer newegg refurb cases NOW

They show the Antec Overture and the Silverstone in stock. Both would be nice for HTPC. The Silverstone supports Full ATX, also.

wut happened to their stock of Lian LI cases? They stop selling Lian Li cases anymore?

I wish I had snagged that Wavemaster. I did get the 210 VX2, though.:cool:

Damn, wish they still had some of the Overture cases, that's a killer price for on. Too bad i had to work late :(

What is the common issue with "refurbished" cases? I mean, what is their really to referbish, are they mostly cases with bad power supplies that were replaced, or maybe physical damage done to them, or just items that were purchased and returned w/ 15% restocking fee and now being resold as OEM? I might have answered my own question w/ all three...lol

Sometimes they are returned due to small scratches on a side or two and sometimes returned just because the buyer had to for one reason or another. Look at it this way, if they are anything like other newegg refurbs then you have nothing to worry about. :)

Originally posted by WannaOC
Sometimes they are returned due to small scratches on a side or two and sometimes returned just because the buyer had to for one reason or another. Look at it this way, if they are anything like other newegg refurbs then you have nothing to worry about. :)

I was just browsing throgh the refurbs and found that the Antec Overture is back in stock in the refurb section, so after about 15 minutes of sitting with my finger over the "I accept and submit" button, I finally clicked the order through. I've been a long time, and extremely satisfied NewEgg customer, but haven't purchased from the refurb section until now, so wish me luck! Thanks for the heads up on this though, i never would have looked in the refurb section of their web page without this thread, and you guys saved me over $50 on this case. It's actually almost better that it might come OEM, i dont' neeed to pay extra for a power cord and screws, as i have hundreds of each laying around from all sorts of other items. Saves money in that respect as well ;)

My Overture case came today. With my first NewEgg Refurbished section experience, i'm fairly satisfied. Case came in fairly good condition, and for the price i got i at, i'm not complaining. There are a few very small, and unnoticeable scratches by where the top was put on, basically because the guy who purchased it before me probably threw the thing back on before sending it back. And second, there was a very small and also unnoticeable crack in the front plastic. Nothing i'm really too worried about. I was suprised though, i got all my cables, manuals, screws, and even the polishing cloth! Nothing was missing that i know of.

The box even contained the guy's RMA printout, and it gave his reason of return. He returned it previously because he said it wasn't cooling enough. I understand where he's coming from with only two case fans and the intake is through the power supply, but so far i haven't noticed any temp issues what so ever. Maybe he was trying to have an OCing case or something, who knows. I'm just using it for my HTPC b/c i wanted a cheap but nice looking case with a good powersupply. You can't beat $80 for this bad boy especailly since it comes with an Antec TruePower 380W power supply :D

So thanks again for the deal guys! You've once again helped me out quite a bit, saved me over $50 on this purchase!;)

Cool deal. Kinda hard to beat an HTPC case + 380w True psu with a hefty discount. All the refurb cases i've purchased came flawless with the exception of an Antec full tower w/400watt smart power. It had a very small but "clean" looking dent on top about 1/8 inch wide. I could have easily left it alone but i instead filled it in, matched the paint and its now 100% unnoticeable ;)

Back