Hunted: TDF

Climber

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone pick this up yet? Seriously considering getting it, but wanted to know more about it. What is the combat like? Darksiders, Diablo II, Dark Messiah, etc...etc... Is the story interesting or is it just some generic save the land kill the evil dude rescue my fluffy bunny trash?

Downloading through Direct2Drive right now. 15min left. Hope it's good :)

Haven't played it yet. I just installed it and was setting the graphics options when I noticed my G15 hardware monitor running precision was showing that SLI isn't working. The menu has the in game characters animated against a backdrop so the cards should be loaded.

I'm getting like 30% on one card, and 2% on the other two so something is definitely not right.

There is a profile in the 275.27 drivers I'm using, and it has SLI compatibility bits set to 0x02402005.

Guess I am going to have to do some testing or wait until someone else finds the solution. The game is now in my backlog of games to complete, so I'm in no rush.

Just a heads up to anyone looking to play it I guess.

EDIT ok just loaded up a new game to see what would happen and I'm getting 56% load on the first card, 9% on the other two cards, and black polygon artifacting/flickering. Something is definitely wrong in the drivers for this game.

EDIT: Updated info:

For testing purposes I disabled SLI and still get the black glitching. So it isn't sli related. I'll keep investigating.

Also the black glitching isn't textures. It looks like wireframe because I can see all the geometry when it flashes.

Ok the issue only happens when the in game option "World Detail" is set above Medium.

So the settings "High" and "Highest" cause this glitch.

Last edited:
Anyone pick this up yet? Seriously considering getting it, but wanted to know more about it. What is the combat like? Darksiders, Diablo II, Dark Messiah, etc...etc... Is the story interesting or is it just some generic save the land kill the evil dude rescue my fluffy bunny trash?

The combat is more like maplestory. The game is maplestory meets minecraft. There is no story as far as I know.

Uh.....no?

That is odd, because I was in a completely different topic and never even clicked on this one. I don't even know what this game is. The topic I clicked reply in had many pages and was for a completely different game.

Terraria? :p

I was about to say the same game!

Uh, as far as Hunted goes, its great so far, only on chapter 3, fun stuff so far!

I like it.

It does seem to have a little bit of a graphics glitch to it, but nothing major.

there are bugs like the ai forgot to push the cart away. I was confused and restarted the level and he did the action.

I'm trying to finish up The Witcher 2 before I start this game. From what little I played so far I see this game being enormous fun.

What can you all compare this game to, for frame of reference?

Thanks for the info so far guys. I'll bite on it tonight and give it a whirl.

Anybody try the co-op mode?

So forgot about this part. Can this also be done LAN style or is it just through steam?

lot of reports that the MP is broken...have a strong feeling this will be a Steam daily deal pretty soon...

I hate to say it, but Bethesda is starting to get a really bad reputation. They have two main staples right now, Fallout (which may or may not have sequels) and The Elder Scrolls. Any other game that they try to do ends up with terrible reviews. They like to come up with tons of ideas on how to make a great game, and then only execute a few of them.

Perhaps their games would have better reception if they didn't hype them up so much and then fail to deliver half of their promises. Show us barely enough to get us interested, and save the rest for when the game comes out.

I got the retail game today. For some strange reason there is no cd key printed on my instruction manual. Is this some new copy protection I am not aware of?

But anyways, the game is like mass effect with only shepard and garrus. It does have a cover base system but I didn't use it as much as in mass effect (at the moment). Graphics arn't amazing as this is a console port, but the gameplay is smooth so far. The NPC isn't getting stuck or anything stupid like that. I am currently playing the single player portion of the game at the moment. I haven't tried multiplayer yet. I will update this thread once I complete the game. But initial impression is good so far. No graphical/performance issues yet.

I hate to say it, but Bethesda is starting to get a really bad reputation. They have two main staples right now, Fallout (which may or may not have sequels) and The Elder Scrolls. Any other game that they try to do ends up with terrible reviews. They like to come up with tons of ideas on how to make a great game, and then only execute a few of them.

Perhaps their games would have better reception if they didn't hype them up so much and then fail to deliver half of their promises. Show us barely enough to get us interested, and save the rest for when the game comes out.

Bethesda didn't make Hunted, they published it.

As they published WET and Brink. Which sucked. :D

Brink was not given the chance it deserved out of the starting gate. Brink is a great game, has a few bugs, but its great.

WET = disaster

Hunted: TDF I have had no problems with as of yet, and considering I love the original game, and they have dumped alot of time into this game to make it right, I am happy with the outcome. Granted, it is easy to say this is really a console port, which may explain 100% of its problems.

I gave Brink a chance, giving a game a chance means buying, installing, playing. It still sucked ass, and is about the slowest shooter I've tried to date. Probably because it's a console game. Run in this game is more like a regular walk in other games, actually, maybe even slower.

I gave Brink a chance, giving a game a chance means buying, installing, playing. It still sucked ass, and is about the slowest shooter I've tried to date. Probably because it's a console game. Run in this game is more like a regular walk in other games, actually, maybe even slower.

You didn't last long enough to play the "light body". Not only do they run fast but can jump off of walls for momentum and greater speed. Medium and Heavy bodies run slow for a reason.

You didn't last long enough to play the "light body". Not only do they run fast but can jump off of walls for momentum and greater speed. Medium and Heavy bodies run slow for a reason.

Light Weight is just plain awesome at this point.

I run with a sniper rifle and magnum series weapon, have no problem traversing the land at all and get insane speed enough that half my jumps I end up OVER jumping cause I move to fast to know what im doing half the time.

Brink is a seriously under-rated game!

I've gotten into it more. Hits a mood at the right time. I still say it's about a 7.5/10 game that I wouldn't recommend people paying full price for but it's decent enough.

Bethesda is definitely a mixed bag as a publisher. There's no defense for WET.

I have played about 70 hours, the game is bad. It runs HORRIBLE on my system, I always feel like im being dragged backwards while playing online. For the engine and actual graphics fidelity.... I should be getting constant 60fps easy. Looking back at older e3 videos... it looked much better and ran much better. What the hell happened?

Light Weight is just plain awesome at this point.

I run with a sniper rifle and magnum series weapon, have no problem traversing the land at all and get insane speed enough that half my jumps I end up OVER jumping cause I move to fast to know what im doing half the time.

Yep. The amount of speed you can get jumping off a wall and dropping a great distance into a slide is pretty humorous. Prefer the CARB-9 for up close and personal fighting myself - that combined with the light's speed makes close combat really interesting. Modified Ritchie or it's Psycho DLC equivalent (forget the name) for longer range fights.

Don't know if I'd go as far as saying the game is underrated though... in fact:

I've gotten into it more. Hits a mood at the right time. I still say it's about a 7.5/10 game that I wouldn't recommend people paying full price for but it's decent enough.

This is exactly how I feel about Brink. It does have many issues (although quite a few have been fixed), most notably...

I have played about 70 hours, the game is bad. It runs HORRIBLE on my system, I always feel like im being dragged backwards while playing online. For the engine and actual graphics fidelity.... I should be getting constant 60fps easy. Looking back at older e3 videos... it looked much better and ran much better. What the hell happened?

This. You are absolutely correct and it's the biggest problem I have with the game still to date, but it isn't one that's going to go away. I run 50-60+ FPS constantly but the game can feel as if it is running at half that at times. Very frustrating but I put up with it because the gameplay IS enjoyable overall.

In regards to the original purpose of this thread (YAY DERAILING), I was initially very interested in Hunted but incredibly wary. My brother gave it a shot and based on what I've heard (poor performance despite relatively mediocre graphics, glitches and bugs, etc) I'll be waiting until this goes on sale before touching it.

I decided to actually wait a bit and Ill probably pick this up on a Steam sale. Too many games in the backlog for me to justify picking it up right away. I still haven't got to the The Witcher 2 yet and I think that needs to be played first.

I haven't really gotten far into the game at all (maybe 10-20 minutes in) but it ran fine on my 5870 @ 1920x1080 (all high settings) running cat 11.4s (I think).

I finished it just a few minutes ago. I was surprised and saddened by the ending. Overall, not a bad game. I quite enjoyed myself playing it. Took me almost 13 hours playing on hard, but I missed quite a few puzzles on the way through.

Good game! I beat it a few days ago. There are three different endings to this game. Not a AAA title for sure. But if you got a friend and want to have some fun this game is great. I am hoping for a sequel :)

I got the "good" ending.

I finished it just a few minutes ago. I was surprised and saddened by the ending. Overall, not a bad game. I quite enjoyed myself playing it. Took me almost 13 hours playing on hard, but I missed quite a few puzzles on the way through.

*spoiler*

The ending is different if you don't drink sleg. There is a good ending and a bad ending.

Back