Hunt Showdown Roadmap Update

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We are big fans of Crytek's Hunt Showdown around here. (We know you probably could not tell.) Crytek has just pushed out a roadmap update that will address some concerns and improvements that players have been asking for. If you have not played Hunt Showdown yet, for an Early Release title, it is probably one of the most polished we have ever seen. And if you are fans of Crytek's past gaming engines, this one will not disappoint in terms of just how beautiful the environments are. The nighttime maps are simply incredible to see. As you know, Crytek engines can be quite GPU and CPU intensive. Crytek did also just push out a performance patch that will help you guys with older PCs out in terms of framerates.

Check out the video.
Early Access means developing the game together with our community. So we've looked at your comments and made the following additions to the first big roadmap milestone, going live on the Test Server very soon: Fall damage - Poisonous weapons - More traits (12 in total) - Bunny-hopping restrictions (jumping will now drain some of your stamina) - Stance indicator

I have about 170 hours now in Hunt Showdown and all the changes above, I am onboard for. Especially the nerfing of the bunny hopping! This is easily my GOTY. And it can really push your hardware.

I have to admit, the vids of the game look fun.
Most fun I have had with a game in years. Learning curve is a bit steep, but once you make it through that, it really opens up. Once it comes out of early access and gets a larger user base, the matchmaking in terms of skill level will get better. You can get dropped in now and get your ass whipped all over the place, which can be a bummer.

I was about to ask.......is this a fun game if you are just starting today?

I really want to try this, the graphics are awesome. My son plays, but he is a very seasoned on-line player.

If I start as a noob, am I going to get my ass handed to me every 30 seconds, or will I at least get to look around before I get shot?

I was about to ask.......is this a fun game if you are just starting today?

I really want to try this, the graphics are awesome. My son plays, but he is a very seasoned on-line player.

If I start as a noob, am I going to get my ass handed to me every 30 seconds, or will I at least get to look around before I get shot?
Considering it is perma-death, you will not be getting shot "every" 30 seconds. LOL

It is team play, I would suggest you go with your son and get some pointers.

This game need 200 euro for RAM - half dozen for videocard and 200 for cpu This means i need more than 1000 to play this game :sour::shifty::rage:

ok, i wont lie, your constant harking on this game made me buy it.

....and holy shit. guys, buy this. this is one of those experiences in gaming you dont want to miss out on. i cant even think of anything to compare it to. it's a slower paced shooter, until it's frantic. it's all about stealth - not disturbing the environment, leaving traces, etc. you DONT know how many people are in any map with you. could be 10, could be zero. killing a boss throws up an indicator everybody can see to know where you are, to try to steal your loot. in my 3rd game i found a veteran player, and we stalked a group for almost 10 minutes without firing a shot. as soon as they started shooting at zombies, we started shooting at them. confused the hell out of them, and we took them out before they could see us.

the intensity that comes with the anticipation is just pure gold.

This game need 200 euro for RAM - half dozen for videocard and 200 for cpu This means i need more than 1000 to play this game :sour::shifty::rage:

The half dozen for video card, is that in eggs or bagels?

I have to admit, the vids of the game look fun.

I find it similar in feel to dayz, without the brutal punishment for death. There are some zombies wandering around but they're not really a threat. I have the most fun when I go duo with one of my buds on coms and get my banish on. If you like fps games like crysis, pubg, or battlefield, it's another fun shooter with excellent graphics and a unique twist on gameplay. Highly recommended for any diehard pc fps player.

Back