Hundreds Of Spotify Accounts Exposed Online

HardOCP News

[H] News
I do not think Spotify takes its security as seriously as it should—this is not the first time user info was leaked, and they have also failed to uphold their policy of notifying users of compromised credentials.

The user info appeared in three different online data dumps on Pastebin starting on Monday. Each dump contained email addresses with their corresponding passwords for Spotify. For some accounts, home countries, account types (such as premium or free), and account renewal dates were also published. Forbes has confirmed with more than 80 individual users that the leaked account info was correct. Fifteen different users also confirmed that the leaked passwords were unique to Spotify.

Meanwhile my local copy of my music hasn't leaked any data about me, doesn't use up any bandwidth on cell phone data plans, and is of higher quality. This is "progress" huh?

To be fair I think streaming music can be done securely though. You just need to hire people who actually know what they are doing, which I guess isn't easy when music labels are draining every penny they can from you.

Back