Humble Bundle #3

I paid $15.

I already own VVVVVV and The Crayon Physics really doesn't do it for me. But And Yet It Moves intrigues me, and the other two look potentially good, so I think 15 is fair.

Paid $28, with $25 to devs so that's about 50% off.

How do I receive the games though? After paying with paypal the window got stuck on "waiting for paypal" and I had to close it. I got a paypal receipt last night but didn't receive anything from humblebundle people yet.

Paid $28, with $25 to devs so that's about 50% off.

How do I receive the games though? After paying with paypal the window got stuck on "waiting for paypal" and I had to close it. I got a paypal receipt last night but didn't receive anything from humblebundle people yet.

They should have sent you an email with the unique link to your purchase. Also you were SUPPOSED to get redirected to your page after a successful purchase, but obviously yours did not go that way.

If you did not receive an email at the address you provided, then you should contact their support and show them your Paypal receipt.

Top contributors:

1.@notch$4,048.00
2.@aeronhibby$3,000.00
3.@witnessgame$2,718.28
4.@ExpiredPopsicle$1,024.00
5.DampeS8N$666.00
6.@tpjeff$600.00
7.+Andy Moore$580.08
8.@ChevyRay$500.00
9.NinjaOtter.com$500.00
10.vxicepickxv$345.67

In the spirit of trying to make their platform have a higher average purchase price, people have paid thousands of dollars for their games?

They should have sent you an email with the unique link to your purchase. Also you were SUPPOSED to get redirected to your page after a successful purchase, but obviously yours did not go that way.

If you did not receive an email at the address you provided, then you should contact their support and show them your Paypal receipt.

Thanks. That's what I figured. Sent them an email now. If it fails I guess I can always buy it again for $1:p

In the spirit of trying to make their platform have a higher average purchase price, people have paid thousands of dollars for their games?

No, you can specify that a portion of your purchase go to Child's Play. It's likely most of that $4000 was a direct donation.

Of course, sometimes people just want to give money to support a cause, even if it's not charity. It's possible someone paid a large chunk of that 4k toward the developers, if only to encourage more DRM-free, price-negotiable sales like this one.

I'm really not too interested in the games this time around. I was really excited to get HIB 1 & 2, and a few bundles off steam, but the only game I even kinda want is Crayon Physics.
Oh well, I can see these bundles being offered at least a few more times, hopefully another will get my interest.

Steel Storm was added to the bundle.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the bundle, didn't think I'd be interested in much of the games, but you get a different impression after trying. Need to try hooking up my wacom tablet to play Crayon physics.

I mean considering you can pay just $0.01 (not sure if this is actually possible, heard it is) and up your donation depending on how much you like it. Not a bad cause to donate a bit of money to.

Top contributors:

1.@notch$4,048.00
2.@aeronhibby$3,000.00
3.@witnessgame$2,718.28
4.@ExpiredPopsicle$1,024.00
5.DampeS8N$666.00
6.@tpjeff$600.00
7.+Andy Moore$580.08
8.@ChevyRay$500.00
9.NinjaOtter.com$500.00
10.vxicepickxv$345.67

I can't speak for everyone else. But I'm not one of the developers of any games in the Bundle. And I know that Notch (creator of Minecraft) didn't have any games in the mix either.

I do suspect that many of the high payers are indie devs, however. Certainly is true of Notch and I. Although there is a bit of a success gulch between us. :D

High five for being metal as fuck.

I paid 10 for Indie Bundle 2. Still haven't played a single game off it.

I can't speak for everyone else. But I'm not one of the developers of any games in the Bundle. And I know that Notch (creator of Minecraft) didn't have any games in the mix either.

I do suspect that many of the high payers are indie devs, however. Certainly is true of Notch and I. Although there is a bit of a success gulch between us. :D

Did you make an [H] account just to pat yourself on the back? I have a better idea for these indie folks, instead of looking like hippie starving artists with their low quality products, make something actually good and ill pay you for it like i do with other games.

Not really, no. The OP is as relevant as ever.
How so? The bundle has been unavailable for a while already.
Did you make an [H] account just to pat yourself on the back? I have a better idea for these indie folks, instead of looking like hippie starving artists with their low quality products, make something actually good and ill pay you for it like i do with other games.
The Humble Bundles are done for charity, not profit. Most of the included games are actually very good, and they sell plenty of copies on their own.

How so? The bundle has been unavailable for a while already.

The Humble Bundles are done for charity, not profit. Most of the included games are actually very good, and they sell plenty of copies on their own.

I think the main thing is.. this guy necro'd a thread just to show off his "donation". People, donate because you want to, not because you want to get "e-cred", that means dick all.

Actually yes. I was vanity google'n and saw the post with my SN in it. So I decided to chime in and explain what little I knew about the situation. My bid last year was quickly swept off the top list. This year's was much higher and managed to stick.

However, your condemnation of indie games worries me. You do realize most of these games were created by around 3 people. 2 if they used stock music. And some were created by a single individual. Bringing a game to market under these conditions is incredibly difficult. I've never bothered with that side of the world, I only make games for fun and to pass time. The only time I've ever been paid for my work has been for the game in the U.S. Army's iPhone app. And that was just because I already worked there and they liked the idea and thought it would help make the app viral within the target market. Which it did.

The 'good' games you are probably talking about are AAA titles funded by large companies. Those games are created by swarms of people each with highly specialized focuses and skills. One guy might be an expert at working shaders for fire simulation. Another might be an expert level designer who knows how to build interesting interaction into a 3D space. Others are AI designers who can breathe life into a collection of models and their animations. That set of items was created by a concept artist, a 3D modeller, a rigger, a collection of texture artists, and finally an animator. The tools for creating the AI were created by a team of programmers each with their own individual focus.

This doesn't make them better or worse than indie games, just different.

Take Notch's primary game Minecraft. Until recently, it was Notch, occasional outside design help, and Music and sound effects by C418. That's a single person working full time on 99% of what you see in the game. From textures, to programming, to AI, to the concept. That's not an easy thing to do. You have to be a little of all of those mountains of people to be able to finish a game.

If you feel you can do better. Please do. All it takes is your time, and a ton of research. But if the thought of cellular automata, dijkstra's algorithm, diamond squares, or matrix math scares you. Or if you aren't any good with Photoshop, 3D Studio, and Audacity. Or you don't know how to balance risk versus reward. Or you don't know what the difference between a hub, open world, and linear progression are. You probably shouldn't bother.

So in other words, thread necro'ing and adding nothing...

I can't wait for the next Humble Indie though, great games overall.

Actually yes. I was vanity google'n and saw the post with my SN in it. So I decided to chime in and explain what little I knew about the situation. My bid last year was quickly swept off the top list. This year's was much higher and managed to stick.

However, your condemnation of indie games worries me. You do realize most of these games were created by around 3 people. 2 if they used stock music. And some were created by a single individual. Bringing a game to market under these conditions is incredibly difficult. I've never bothered with that side of the world, I only make games for fun and to pass time. The only time I've ever been paid for my work has been for the game in the U.S. Army's iPhone app. And that was just because I already worked there and they liked the idea and thought it would help make the app viral within the target market. Which it did.

The 'good' games you are probably talking about are AAA titles funded by large companies. Those games are created by swarms of people each with highly specialized focuses and skills. One guy might be an expert at working shaders for fire simulation. Another might be an expert level designer who knows how to build interesting interaction into a 3D space. Others are AI designers who can breathe life into a collection of models and their animations. That set of items was created by a concept artist, a 3D modeller, a rigger, a collection of texture artists, and finally an animator. The tools for creating the AI were created by a team of programmers each with their own individual focus.

This doesn't make them better or worse than indie games, just different.

Take Notch's primary game Minecraft. Until recently, it was Notch, occasional outside design help, and Music and sound effects by C418. That's a single person working full time on 99% of what you see in the game. From textures, to programming, to AI, to the concept. That's not an easy thing to do. You have to be a little of all of those mountains of people to be able to finish a game.

If you feel you can do better. Please do. All it takes is your time, and a ton of research. But if the thought of cellular automata, dijkstra's algorithm, diamond squares, or matrix math scares you. Or if you aren't any good with Photoshop, 3D Studio, and Audacity. Or you don't know how to balance risk versus reward. Or you don't know what the difference between a hub, open world, and linear progression are. You probably shouldn't bother.

I understand all of that perfectly, hence why they suck. :D I dont feel i could do better, nor would i want to, props to them for having a hobby, but i dont have to give them my cash either for 3rd world titles just because they are 'artists'.

Back