Human Gets Top of Head Cut Off by Robot, Survives

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Sensational headline don’t you think? :D Well, it’s only partially true of course, since the only part cut off was the hair. After looking at the results it should be reasonably simple to figure out why humans still are needed in certain job descriptions. The hair cutting subject was in no real danger since there was a robot surgeon standing by for emergencies. :D

No way would I trust that thing,the guy obviously hasn't seen any one of a hundred machines gone wild flicks. Tempt fate and you usually get screwed,or in his case lobotomized.

Surely the people who design, make and control the robot could've gotten an FPS over 2-4

:|

No way would I trust that thing,the guy obviously hasn't seen any one of a hundred machines gone wild flicks. Tempt fate and you usually get screwed,or in his case lobotomized.

Lobotomizing someone with an electric hair trimmer. That'd be an interesting trick.

I would be impressed if it was automated.. but alas, it was being controlled by a human.

Takes so much power and programing to run that thing, prolly smarter to just have a person actually doing the cutting.

I like how the clippers appear to be duct taped to the robot's arm. The guy's face for the whole video is like "damn...this is going to look like shit."

Am I the only one who noticed that the guy commanding the system was called.... Dave?

- Robot, stop shaving his head, you're digging into his skull.
- I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

What a big disappointment. I was hoping for a proper cut by a self-contained robot. Not a hack job by someone controlling a mechanical arm.

I just read Robopocalypse... so no way in hell will I let this thing near my head.

I'd be more impressed if a monkey did it... probably would be a cleaner shave as well...

Back