Compusa / Tigerdirect should be ashamed of themselves.
My sister, who doesn't have a tech bone in her body, goes in with her laptop's old AC adapter, and they sold her a universal one that is the correct one for her laptop, and they 'looked it up' for her.
She buys it, and plugs it in, and the result is black smoke.
She brings back her laptop & the universal adapter, and all they can do is give her her $$$ back for the adapter, and that is it ?
They could have at least offered to repair the 2 year old laptop or given her a discount on a new machine, but nadda, zilch.
If I wasn't 500 miles away, I would go there in person and demand they rectify the issue they caused.
I would recommend everyone stay away form Compusa / tigerdirect, they don't care about customers.
My sister, who doesn't have a tech bone in her body, goes in with her laptop's old AC adapter, and they sold her a universal one that is the correct one for her laptop, and they 'looked it up' for her.
She buys it, and plugs it in, and the result is black smoke.
She brings back her laptop & the universal adapter, and all they can do is give her her $$$ back for the adapter, and that is it ?
They could have at least offered to repair the 2 year old laptop or given her a discount on a new machine, but nadda, zilch.
If I wasn't 500 miles away, I would go there in person and demand they rectify the issue they caused.
I would recommend everyone stay away form Compusa / tigerdirect, they don't care about customers.