• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Huge Rant On Cooler Master PSU

JDM-Y0-

Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
909
Is it the PSU'S or my luck?



Okay, So after two board's I figure out that my PSU was making them not post bios and was messing something up on them. I had to buy one new board and I had another RMA'D I then RMA'D the PSU unit witch was new and it was a cooler master real true power 750 watt unit. So two weeks goes by and I get my new board and I hook it up to my old PSU unit, everything is working great! I then get the RMA'D PSU back and I put it in. I then hit the start button and BAM give me error 23 then goes to - - (not posting bios) I then hook my old PSU back up to my new board and guess what.. It wont post bios. So then a few weeks goes by after I do another RMA for my board and another RMA for the PSU... Here is were it gets good.

I have had the PSU sitting in my room waiting for a machine to go in..So my brother asks me can you put together a new PC for me.. I said sure being the nice guy I am I whip up some of my old parts with this "new" PSU. I get everything hooked up and go to start it and it runs.. runs good. We then go to install windows XP and are running the setup and about 15 minutes into it installing the PC just shuts off. I am thinking WTF just happen? So now I'm thinking what did I do wrong, let me try a few things... Needless to say I figured out it was the "new" 750watt PSU.

So that's 3 RMA's to Cooler master and a total of 3 RMA boards to EVGA. Total cost of shipping on my part alone is over $56.00

Is there someone that works for Cooler Master on these forum's that I could maybe talk to? The Cooler Master forum's are pretty much worthless.

Cliff's

3 RMA's still no fix!!
 
that PSU is notorious for having problems with motherboards, i think the biggest problem was MSI boards.

theres no one on here from there either, cooler master customer service is absolute dogshit, im not buying any more of their electronic products, case and cooler is fine coz they're not gonna stop working or have compatibility problems.
 
ive always read about various problems with coolermaster psu's. its just not their strong suit. buy that brand for the cases, you cant get a better value in that area.
 
dump the PSU they are screwing me around on an RMA right now
 
Seeing how crappy the CM customer service is i will never buy again one of their products, piss poor.
 
I have to disagree with the bad reviews of Coolermasters customer service. I am not disputing that you guys had terrible experiences with them. I just know that they were awesome when I RMA'd my Real Power Pro 750 watt last week. I didn't even have a receipt, and they took care of me with no problems. In about a week I went from sh?tty buzzing psu to a new one. Not bad!
 
Back
Top